Best Carpenter Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A carpenter is a construction professional who oversees the construction, erection, installation, and repair of structures or fixtures made from wood materials. A carpenters job varies depending on the industry and setting, including commercial construction, residential construction, and highway or bridge construction.
Carpenters may go by varying job titles depending on the industry. This includes job titles like commercial carpenters, industrial carpenters, residential carpenters, and more.
A carpenter may also be referred to as a rough carpenter or finish carpenter.
Carpenter Job Description Sample
Our construction team is looking for an experienced carpenter or subcontractor to assist with rough carpentry, finish carpentry, and general construction carpentry. Our ideal candidate is someone who has proper training and experience to use commercial construction tools and carpentry tools to oversee the construction of industrial buildings, commercial complexes, and other large buildings. The skilled carpenter should be comfortable with a wide variety of construction materials and have the carpentry skills required to construct commercial buildings up to state code.
Carpenter Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and carpenter responsibilities:
- Coordinate carpentry work with the lead carpenter, production manager, and project manager regarding the construction project and it’s weekly or daily needs.
- Measure, set, and construct window frames.
- Cut drywall and nail drywall boards to the wood frames.
- Construct concrete forms, set concrete, and prepare for wood framing.
- Use carpentry materials to construct wood frames based on blueprints and construction requirements.
- Look through a mechanical drawing and determine the proper way to set a building framework for industrial or commercial projects.
- Measure, cut, set, and place kitchen cabinets and cabinets in industrial kitchen areas.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in carpentry work.
- Experience with a master carpenter is preferred.
- Completion of an apprenticeship program is required.
- Manual dexterity, ability to lift 25lb’s or more and the ability to stand on your feet for prolonged periods of time are required.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, a carpenter earns $23.24 per hour, on average. Equalling $48,330 in median annual wages.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesCarpenter Resume Example
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..