Electrical Engineer Job Description Sample
Pursuing a career as an electrical engineer means you'll be designing, developing, and testing electrical devices and equipment. Your roles may include working with automobiles, aircraft, communication systems, electrical systems, motors, navigation systems, and power generators. Electrical engineers also oversee the manufacturing of these devices, equipment, and systems.
Table Of Contents
Electrical Engineer Job Description Sample
Our company is looking for an energetic and detail-oriented electrical engineer for designing and implementing complex commercial, domestic, and industrial electrical systems. Joining our company means collaborating with a variety of teams across many projects, from manufacturing to engineering to product development to implementation. In addition to being a driven and motivated team player, you'll also be a highly-engaged problem-solver who finds complex solutions to highly technical challenges. Successful candidates should possess a professional license and have extensive experience working as an electrical engineer.
Electrical Engineer Salary
According to data collected in 2018 by the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the average national pay for electrical engineers was $101,600 per year. That equates to $48.85 per hour. These statistics further indicate that, as of May 2018, there were 186,490 electrical engineering jobs available throughout the United States.
Electrical Engineer Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Electrical engineer with over seven years of experience working with blue-chip companies in the industry. My primary focus was on implementing digital systems. I have excellent communication and interpersonal abilities. I also possess a wide variety of technical skills and software knowledge.
Electrical Engineer Skills
Most electrical engineers have a keen interest in building and thinking, and then apply that to their careers. Their soft skills include having high levels of concentration, strong initiatives, incredible interpersonal skills, outstanding math skills, and impeccable speaking skills. Here are other examples:
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on experience using required software a plus.
Electrical Engineer Duties & Responsibilities
When you're working as an electrical engineer, your role within a company entails refining, drafting, and regulating their control systems. It's also your responsibility to maintain essential components and equipment. Therefore, expect to see the duties and responsibilities differ according to the company’s needs.
- Designs, implements, improves and maintains electrical components, equipment products, facilities, instruments, or systems for commercial, domestic, or industrial purposes.
- Performs a wide variety of engineering tasks by operating engineering software or computer-assisted design equipment.
- Confers with engineers, customers, and other individuals to discuss potential or existing engineering projects or products.
- Ensures that the operations and installation conforms to the customer requirements and standards by preparing typographic maps, technical drawings, and electrical system specifications.
- Establishes construction, installation, or manufacturing specifications or standards by performing a wide variety of detailed calculations.
- Ensures compliance with codes, customer requirements, and specifications by coordinating or directing construction, documentation, installation, maintenance, manufacturing, support, or testing.
- Writes reports and compiles data regarding potential and existing data for electrical engineering studies and projects.
- Prepares specifications for the purchase of electrical materials and equipment.
- Supervises or trains team members.
- Estimates construction, labor, or material costs for preparation of budgets.
- Maintains electrical equipment.
- Works with various technicians.
Electrical Engineer Requirements
In addition to education, companies also value practical experience when hiring electrical engineers. You'll benefit from taking courses in mathematics and physics, including algebra, calculus, and trigonometry.
- Bachelor's in electrical engineering from an accredited institute.
- Professional engineering license.
- Experience in using or has the desire to learn the necessary software.
- Working knowledge of all applicable codes regarding electrical engineering.
- Proficient in calculation and design software.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..