Financial Manager Job Description Sample
For those who have interests in pursuing a career as a financial manager, there's a wide variety of opportunities available. You'll be responsible for creating financial reports, developing plans and strategies, and directing investments for the long-term benefit of an organization or business. You may be working with banks, hotels, or insurance companies. It may also be your responsibility to work closely with the management team.
Table Of Contents
Financial Manager Job Description Sample
Our organization is looking for an experienced and motivated financial manager for analyzing various business opportunities and market trends from a financial perspective. Successful candidates will have an in-depth view of how a business works in the real world, not just on paper, and an analytical mind.
Financial Manager Salary
According to data collected in 2019 by PayScale, the national average salary for a financial manager was $90,431.00 per year. That equates to $21.00 per hour. Entry-level financial managers can expect to see earnings of $59,000 per year. However, those who are working in the field for twenty years or longer are reporting earnings of $88,000 or more annually. There's also a spike in earnings reported for those who worked between ten and nineteen years, with that being $97,000 per year.
Financial Manager Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Skilled financial manager with over six years of experience. Adept at increasing profitability and work process efficiency through technical and functional analysis. Successful at advising small businesses, individual clients, and multi-billion dollar corporations. Areas of expertise include risk management, asset allocation, and investment strategy.
Financial Manager Skills
In addition to listing the job's duties and requirements, as well as the required qualifications, every financial manager must possess specific qualities. That might include having an analytical mind or a keen eye for detail. No matter what these "soft" skills are, they must be listed here in detail.
- Natural leadership skills.
- Technical proficiency.
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills.
- Incredible customer service skills.
- Can multi-task will staying on-deadline.
- Works well under pressure and independently.
Financial Manager Duties & Responsibilities
Those working as a finance manager are responsible for distributing a company's financial resources, budget planning, and supporting the executive management team. That means they're providing financial advice and insights that will allow them to make optimal business decisions on the company's behalf. That means, the duties and responsibilities should follow suit accordingly:
- Prepares business activity reports, forecasts, and financial statements.
- Ensures the organization is meeting financial, legal requirements.
- Develops financial reporting systems.
- Finds ways to maintain or reduce costs by studying business processes or financial reports.
- Analyzes market trends to maximize profits and discover new business opportunities.
- Aids the management team in all financial decisions.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of financial systems.
Financial Manager Requirements
Gaining a position as a financial manager means a degree in an equivalent field, as well as several years' experience. Depending on the company's requirements, post-graduate degrees may also be necessary. You’ll find that, as the finance world becomes more automated, financial managers are producing fewer reports and spending more time analyzing data. Job descriptions should reflect that:
- Business administration, FP&A, investment banking, or management consulting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- Strong skills in MS Excel.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with superb analytical skills and an understanding of system optimization and the business process.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the management team in multiple levels.
- Impeccable knowledge of financial reporting.
- Can review data and make necessary management decisions.
- Strong business administration and financial system understanding.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..