Pharmacist Job Description Sample
Pursuing a job position as a pharmacist means you'll be responsible for working directly with customers regarding their medications. That means you'll be compounding and (or) dispensing prescription medications, monitoring their therapies to ensure drug interactions aren't occurring, providing pharmaceutical information, and offering pharmaceutical expertise regarding the safe use of medicines to customers.
Table Of Contents
Pharmacist Job Description Sample
Our company is seeking a highly qualified and detail-oriented pharmacist to join our staff. You'll be responsible for assisting customers by interpreting their symptoms and offering immediate treatment or providing them with a referral to a physician. You'll also be responsible for preparing pharmaceuticals through the review and interpretation of a physicians' directive and detecting any therapeutic incompatibilities. Successful candidates must be customer-focused and remain up-to-date regarding advances in pharmaceutical science.
According to data collected in 2019 by PayScale, the national average salary for a pharmacist is $113,347.00 per year. That equates to a median wage of $57.65 per hour. An entry-level pharmacist with less than one year of experience can expect to earn at least $102,000.00 per year. Those who have been working for at least twenty years as a pharmacist are reporting salaries of at least $121,000 per year or higher.
Pharmacist Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Licensed pharmacist with over five years of experience delivering exceptional pharmaceutical care in retail settings. Combine business acumen with clinical skills and a proven ability for growing pharmacy revenues. Researches, prepares, and dispenses medications and other pharmaceuticals according to legal requirements and professional standards. Looking to leverage these skills within your already established organization.
Because a pharmacist spends a considerable amount of time working face-to-face with customers, their “soft” skills are critical. They’re also working as managers for the entire pharmacy, so they must work well under pressure and have exceptional time-management skills. Here are examples of other skills are pharmacist should possess:
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of accuracy.
- Excellent science and mathematics skills.
- Impeccable interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional level of integrity.
- Superb advocacy skills.
- Extraordinary management skills.
Pharmacist Duties & Responsibilities
It isn't uncommon for a pharmacist to provide advice to customers regarding how to lead a healthier lifestyle, as well as to conduct health and wellness screenings, and oversee the medications they administer. Here are examples of what other duties and responsibilities you'll typically find them doing:
- Compounds and dispenses medications a physician prescribes.
- Monitors a customer's drug therapies, advises interventions, and informs customers when there are potential side effects.
- Instructs customers regarding how and when to take prescribed medications.
- Conducts screenings for health and wellness.
- Provides immunizations and other medical services, including temperature measurements, checking blood sugar levels, and taking blood pressure.
- Keeps accurate records for customers.
- Ensures a clean and safe working environment.
- Completes all operational pharmacy requirements, including charges, recording controlled substances, removing damaged or expired drugs from inventory, and verifying order entries.
- Adheres to applicable legal rules, procedures, and regulations governing the pharmaceutical practice.
- Performs other administrative duties as required.
Every state offers to license for pharmacists. Following graduation, pharmacists are required to take two exams to obtain their pharmacy license.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacology or Pharmacy.
- Doctor of Pharmacy preferred.
- Proven background working as a pharmacist.
- Valid pharmacist license for practicing.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of dosages, administration, pharmaceutical brands, and chemical compounds.
- Working knowledge of software applications, MS Office Suite, and other programs used by pharmacies, including Mediware and MEDITECH.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesPharmacist Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..