Porter Job Description Sample
For those who would have an interest in pursuing a rewarding career as a porter, that means you'll be responsible for ensuring a company's facility looks presentable and tidy to the public. Additional responsibilities will include upholding the facility's image by performing maintenance tasks, including front lobby support, restroom restocks, and trash removal. You'll also find this job position listed as Day Matron and Janitor.
Table Of Contents
Porter Job Description Sample
Our company is in search of a diligent and energetic porter to join our expanding team of professionals. You'll be responsible for performing daily building maintenance at our company facility. Ultimately, your duties will include maintaining the common areas, removing debris, responding to all cleaning emergencies, and restocking bathrooms. Successful candidates are highly organized, can handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, and are dedicated. You'll be working directly with management to develop an efficient cleaning schedule, which will include your daily work timetable and routines.
According to data collected by PayScale in 2019, the national average salary for a porter is $28,500.00 per year. That equates to a median wage of $11.14 per hour. Entry-level porters with less than one year of experience can expect to see earnings of $10.32 per hour. Those who have been working as porters for twenty years or longer are reporting wages of at least $14.38 per hour or higher.
Porter Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Versatile and detail-oriented porter with over three years of experience keeping premises tidy by providing a diverse range of services, including light maintenance work and routine cleaning tasks. I am proficient in using power tools, industrial cleaning equipment, and hand tools. I specialize in the timely execution of assigned duties meticulously and courteously.
A porter spends the majority of their day interacting with guests and customers. Therefore, these examples of skills must be a priority:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional mechanical skills.
- Extraordinary stamina and strength.
- Impeccable verbal communication skills for interacting with customers, cleaning staff, and technicians.
- Working knowledge of math.
- Understanding of security regulations.
- Maintains a professional and positive image at all times.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Outstanding stamina for working long hours.
Porter Duties & Responsibilities
Under most circumstances, you'll see a porter stationed in an airport, hotel, seaport, or train station. They're available for assisting guests with their luggage and escorting them to a destination within a facility. However, there are other responsibilities, and they include these examples:
- Carries and labels a guest's luggage.
- Sweeps and mops floors, and vacuums carpets.
- Directs guests to reception areas or appropriate rooms.
- Arranges taxi services upon request.
- Runs errands for employees and guests.
- Follows evacuations rules in the event of an emergency.
- Completing minor building improvements and repairs.
- Prepares conferences rooms before and after meetings.
- Cleans all common areas, including the break room, cafeteria, kitchen, and lobby.
- Places safety hazard signs in the building when applicable, including wet floor and wet paint signs.
- Cleans, monitors, and services washrooms.
- Responds to any significant spills or other cleaning emergencies.
- Removes rubbish and litter from common areas.
- Helps with ordering supplies required for maintaining the facility.
A porter’s educational background isn’t essential, but their professionalism and availability are critical. Here are other requirements to consider:
- At least eighteen years old (depending on the facility's needs).
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Between six and twelve months' experience working as a porter.
- Can work a flexible schedule, including availability during nights and weekends.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and have a professional demeanor.
- Must be prepared to execute all responsibilities and duties in a timely and safe manner.
Using This Porter Job Description Template
In order to use your new porter job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..