Production Assistant Job Description Sample
For those who have interests in pursuing a new career opportunity as a production assistant, you'll find that you’ll be spending the majority of your days on the sets of TV shows and films. Your primary responsibilities will include setting up equipment, distributing scripts, and running errands requested by other staff members. You'll be acting as the "foot soldier" of the production company, whereby you'll be performing a wide variety of duties, including cleaning up locations, crowd control, and public relations.
Table Of Contents
Production Assistant Job Description Sample
Our production company is actively seeking an organized and reliable production assistant to work on TV and film sets. This energetic production assistant will be responsible for assisting new crew members, preparing props, and printing and handing out scripts. Successful candidates must be highly detail-oriented while being able to multi-task. Top candidates can assist all departments throughout the production process.
Production Assistant Salary
According to data collected by PayScale in 2019, the national average salary of a production assistant is $35,294.00 per year. That equates to a median wage of $13.67 per hour. Entry-level production assistants with less than one year of experience can expect to earn at least $14.42 per hour. Those who are working as production assistants for twenty years or longer are reporting wages of $17.57 or higher.
Production Assistant Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Innovative, dependable, and detail-oriented production assistant with over six years of experience anticipating the needs of cinematographers, editors, directors, and producers in hectic film and TV production environments. Proficient in Final Cut Pro and video production. Looking to leverage my proven skills in your already established production company.
Production Assistant Skills
Working as a production assistant involves a lot of different tasks and responsibilities that require quick thinking, as well as the ability to remain calm under pressure. In addition to having impeccable secretarial and computer skills, here are other examples of skills a production assistant should have:
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities.
- Can produce a budget successfully.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- An appropriate level of physical fitness.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Works independently or as a team player.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be dependable, adaptable, and flexible.
- Must be able to take orders and responsibility.
Production Assistant Duties & Responsibilities
Production assistants work closely with the production coordinator, producer, and other production staff members to assist wherever they're needed. They're primary responsibilities vary considerably depending on if they're assigned in an office or on a set. Here are examples of other duties that are common:
- Prepares the set for filming.
- Prints and hands out scripts.
- Distributes call sheets.
- Prevents any pedestrians from entering set production.
- Delivers messages to crew members.
- Helps develop and adhere to budgets for production.
- Runs crew member errands.
- Answers phones and performs clerical duties.
- Performs data-entry.
- Arranges reservations for lunches, dinners, and transportation.
- Helps to coordinate “extras” for projects.
Production Assistant Requirements
While enthusiasm isn't part of any educational credit, it's a requirement many production companies have regarding their production assistants. While there are no specific educational requirements necessary for being a production assistant, it plays to your benefit to get this education. Here are examples of other conditions you should meet:
- Degree in film, media, or a relevant field preferred.
- Previous experience working as part of a production team.
- Outstanding computer literacy skills.
- Must be able to work flexible work schedules.
- Knowledge of production and film terminology appreciated.
- A valid and clean driver’s license.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesProduction Assistant Resume Example
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..