Project Engineer Job Description Sample
Pursuing a career as a project engineer means you'll be responsible for the technical and engineering disciplines necessary for completing a project. Becoming a project engineer gives you the opportunity for planning projects, establishing project criteria, coordinating project reviews, and ensuring proper project element implementation.
Table Of Contents
Project Engineer Job Description Sample
Our company is seeking a dedicated and driven project engineer who will assist with forecasting, planning, managing, resourcing, and scheduling technical activities to ensure project quality and accuracy. You'll be responsible for the engineering disciplines of ongoing projects. You'll also be accountable for establishing inspection criteria for all aspects of a project and its implementation. Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate excellent supervision and project management skills and have the ability to work on multiple projects. Top candidates have exceptional decision-making, leadership, organizational, and time-management skills.
Project Engineer Salary
According to data collected in 2019 from PayScale, the average national salary for a project engineer is $68,173.00 per year. That equates to a median wage of $27.26 per hour. Entry-level project engineers with less than one year of experience can expect to see salaries of $59,000.00 per year. Those who have been working as project engineers for twenty years or longer are reporting earnings of at least $98,000.00 or higher.
Project Engineer Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Driven and detail-oriented mechanical engineer with over five years of experience in project management. I have exceptional skills in communicating complex ideas concisely. I'm a superb planner who has continuously completed projects within budget and on-time. I'm an enthusiastic and motivated professional with a proven ability to learn quickly. Seeking to leverage these proven skills at your already established organization.
Project Engineer Skills
Ultimately, a project engineer must ensure a project meets budgetary guidelines. Here are examples of the skills they'll use to accomplish that goal:
- Can work with a variety of discipline projects.
- Impeccable supervisory and project management skills.
- Excellent decision-making, leadership, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of application codes, best practices, policies, and standards.
- Highly motivated.
- Exceptional conflict-management skills.
- Outstanding trust-building skills.
- Superb organizational skills.
Project Engineer Duties & Responsibilities
Project engineers work with various departments to draw up client agreements, agree on timelines, vet prospective projects, and negotiate third-party contractors for completing projects. Here are examples of other duties they must fulfill:
- Prepares, coordinates, schedules, and monitors assigned engineering projects.
- Assigns responsibilities and formulates project parameters to the most capable employees while monitoring team members.
- Interacts with all clients, interprets their requirements and needs, and represents them.
- Performs quality control tasks on budgets, personal performance, plans, reporting, and schedules.
- Communicates and cooperates with the project manager and other participants and collaborates with senior engineers to maintain profitability and efficiency.
- Reviews all engineering tasks and initiates any corrective actions necessary.
- Develops project specification for needed equipment.
- Creates frameworks for measuring the projects data and metrics collection.
- Ensures the project complies with the applicable codes, performance standards, policies, practices, and specifications.
Project Engineer Requirements
Because a project manager is working on a variety of technical tasks, that means they must have a significant amount of educational background. Here are examples of their requirements:
- Bachelor's in Engineering or a similar field.
- Possesses valid engineering license.
- Four or more years' project or field planning experience.
- Outstanding computer literacy.
- Exceptional knowledge of visualization and design software.
- In-depth understanding of CAD, CAD/CAM circuit design.
- Experience working with sizeable manufacturing facilities or on construction sites a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and has exposure to a scheduling software, preferably P6 (Primavera).
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..