Registered Nurse Job Description Sample
You'll often see a registered nurse with the acronym RN. These individuals work in the healthcare field the administration of medications, consulting with healthcare providers, educating patients, keeping records, monitoring patients, and more. Under most circumstances, a master's degree isn't necessary for working in this field. You'll find registered nurses working in clinical settings, as well as in hospitals. They may also work for other companies, including rehabilitation centers, senior centers, and other outpatient facilities. Their primary role is to ensure they're promoting health and wellness.
Table of Contents
- Registered Nurse Job Description Sample
- Registered Nurse Salary
- Registered Nurse Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
- Registered Nurse Skills
- Registered Nurse Duties & Responsibilities
- Registered Nurse Requirements
Registered Nurse Job Description Sample
Our facility is currently in search of a qualified, compassionate, and motivated registered nurse to join our nursing staff to provide exceptional health care to our roster of patients. Your responsibilities will include the administration of medications, monitoring patients for side effects, maintaining accurate patient records, recording patient vital signs, reporting symptoms, and reporting changes in a patient's condition. Consideration for this position requires a bachelor's degree in nursing and state licensing. Candidates must also have ACLS-certification, as well as BLS/CPR training. Successful candidates are friendly and have excellent communication skills.
Registered Nurse Salary
According to data collected by PayScale in 2019, the national average salary for a registered nurse is $63,263.00 per year. That equates to a median wage of, on average, $29.30 per hour. Entry-level registered nurses with less than one year of experience can expect to see salaries of at least $25.76 per hour. Those who have been working as registered nurses for at least twenty years or longer are reporting wages of at least $34.84 or higher.
Registered Nurse Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Driven and compassionate registered nurse with over five years of experience in providing exceptional patient care in intensive care, emergency room, and clinical settings. Committed to delivering top-notch patient health care through high-quality counseling and education. Proven leadership to enhance and increase patient satisfaction, care, and to streamline safety protocols. Keen interest in leveraging these proven skills in your medical facility.
Registered Nurse Skills
- Can effectively communication with hospital staff, physicians, patients, and families.
- Has a friendly and professional attitude.
- Experience working in home health is a plus.
- Has experience in intensive care or emergency room.
- Willingness to adapt, accept change, and work flexible hours.
- Exceptional bedside manner.
- Can explain conditions and treatments to children of all ages.
- In-depth knowledge of health care regulations and laws.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Can work well as a team player.
- Is a natural leader.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Remarkable physical endurance.
- Incredible attention to detail and can work under pressure.
Registered Nurse Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains accurate and complete health care reports and records.
- Administers patient medications and monitors for any reactions and side effects.
- Prescribes assistive medical devices and other necessary treatments.
- Reports vital signs and additional relevant medical information.
- Orders diagnostic and clinical testing.
- Monitors, records, and reports symptoms or changes in a patient's condition.
- Administration of non-intravenous medications.
- Assesses, implements, plans, or evaluates nursing care plans by working with the health care team.
- Modifies patient health care treatment plans as indicated by patient responses and conditions.
Registered Nurse Requirements
- At least an Associate’s degree in nursing.
- Bachelor's degree (master's degree might be the preference) in nursing.
- Pass the NCLEX-RN or National Council Licensure Examination.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Current state licensure required.
- BLS/CPR and ACLS certification required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of relevant computer software.
- Proven experience working as an RN.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesRegistered Nurse Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..