Hair Stylist Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
A hair stylist is a professional who works as a hair salon. This professional is someone who is responsible for the hair cutting, hair dying and hairstyling of a client. A hair stylist works with clients on a regular basis to ensure that their hair is being cut and styled according to their desires.
Table Of Contents
Hair Stylist Job Description Sample
Our salon is searching for talented hair stylists who have an eye for design. Hair stylists should know how to properly prepare hair for dying, work with clients to understand their hair styling needs and know how to cut and style their hair in accordance with their desires. Hair stylists should have a keen understanding of customer service and deliver an incredible experience for our patrons.
Hair Stylist Salary
A hair stylist with entry-level experience, on average, can earn $12.22 per hour. Hair stylists with exceptional abilities are often compensated more due to their client tips. Hair stylists with three to five years of experience can expect to earn upwards of $38,200, per year, on average.
Hair Stylist Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Experience working in a salon. Comfortable managing multiple clients in a single day. From ensuring that client who has hair dying needs is being addressed while cutting another client. I understand modern hairstyles and how to work with multiple hair types.
Hair Stylist Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Styling skills.
- Hair cutting skills.
- Design skills.
- Creativity skills.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
Hair Stylist Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform blow outs on clients who are inside of our salon.
- Provide an over the top customer experience for our patrons.
- Sell products, hair styling tools, and additional services to our patrons.
- Have a strong desire to provide an incredible experience for all patrons.
- Ensure that the hair salon is clean at all times. Including the dusting and picking up of hair.
- Ensure that customers are satisfied with their hair styling requests and needs.
Hair Stylist Requirements
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Beauty and cosmetology school preferred.
- Strong desire to perform exceptional service for our customers.
- Strong knowledge of hair styles and hair types.
- Willingness to be adaptable, flexible and part of the team.
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..