Casual Mailhandler Job Description Sample
A casual mailhandler is someone who works at a postal office. They are professionals who are responsible for the organizing and processing of US postal mail. A casual mailhandler ensures that mail is going to the right destination and that it is ready to be processed by mailhandlers across the United States.
Table Of Contents
Casual Mailhandler Job Description Sample
The United States Postal Service is seeking professionals to help with mailhandling needs. Applicants should know that they will be part of our Processing and Distribution Centers. Casual mailhandlers are paid on an hourly basis. And may experience job fluctuation due to holidays.
Casual Mailhandler Salary
A casual mailhandler is paid on an hourly basis. The average casual mailhandler is paid $15.00, per hour, across the United States. Those with previous experience in the Postal Service may be able to earn more as part of their position.
Casual Mailhandler Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Previous Postal Service experience working at the front desk of the USPS location at my nearby office. Comfortable multi-tasking and ensuring that packages are going to the proper place.
Casual Mailhandler Skills
- Multi-tasking abilities.
- Reading abilities.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Adaptability skills.
- Works well under pressure.
- Works well when under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work long hours.
Casual Mailhandler Duties & Responsibilities
- Separates all class of mail that is incoming and outgoing.
- Culls, faces, and cancels mail.
- Loads and unloads any bulk mail containers and empties mail from all mailing containers.
- Be responsible for any miscellaneous duties that make operations more efficient.
- Understands how to follow all company safety procedures.
- Understands how to follow all state safety procedures.
- Ability to operate heavy machinery and pay close attention to detail.
Casual Mailhandler Requirements
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and pass the U.S. Postal Service required drug free test.
- Applicants must have U.S. citizenship.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Must have valid form of state identification, including drivers license.
- Must be able to stand on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work extended holiday hours.
- Ability to be adaptable in the workforce and meet goals.
Using This Casual Mailhandler Job Description Template
In order to use your new casual mailhandler job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..