Mailhandler Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
A mailhandler is a professional who works as part of the United States Postal service or as part of a distribution center which handles incoming and outgoing mail. A mailhandler may also be referred to as a "mail sorter" which describes their primary function of handling the incoming and outgoing of all direct mail.
Table Of Contents
Mailhandler Job Description Sample
We are searching for passionate, driven, and attentive mailhandlers. Our mailhandlers will oversee the loading, unloading and sorting of all direct mail. As part of your mailhandler responsibilities, you will oversee the processing of mail and the operating of mail sorting machines. You'll be responsible for the sorting of mail by their geography, postal type, and creating batches that move mail onto the next destination.
The average mailhandler may receive an hourly compensation rate of around $13.25, per hour, on average. Data regarding salary information has been collected as of 2019, based on over 800 job applications and their average salary listings. This information is exclusive to United States employment.
Mailhandler Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Previous experience in commercial incoming and outgoing mailrooms. Comfortable handling the processing of packages, direct mail, and more. Previous retail experience at the local USPS provided my the opportunity to learn more about mail distribution.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and operate heavy machinery.
- Comfort with commercial floor efficiency.
- Ability to follow state safety guidelines.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Team coordination skills.
Mailhandler Duties & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the handling of all incoming mail and outgoing mail. Which includes the loading and unloading of this mail.
- Be responsible for the handling of the mail sorting machines.
- Watch for any errors in mail processing and correct quickly.
- Be responsible for the sorting of mail by geography and postal type.
- Ensure that large mail bins are constantly being taken care of and emptied.
- Ensure all floor safety is being taken into consideration. For both yourself and your colleagues.
- Must be able to stand on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid state drivers license, be able to pass a background check and standard state required drug test.
- Must have at least 4 forms of valid identification.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Previous mail processing, mailroom or USPS experience is a plus.
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..