Morgue Assistant Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
A morgue assistant is someone who works in a morgue alongside senior morticians and pathologists. A morgue assistant is someone who is responsible for helping with the administrative tasks that are associated with all morgue duties. This includes the movement of postmortem bodies, tissues, and other specimens.
Table Of Contents
Morgue Assistant Job Description Sample
We are looking for a quality morgue assistant to help us with our fast-paced setting. In this position, you will be working alongside our other senior morticians and pathologists to assist in performing autopsies, maintaining the cryostat and morgues areas as well as helping to transport all postmortem bodies.
Morgue Assistant Salary
Based on data collected in 2019 on behalf of Salary.com, the average Morgue Assistant can earn an average of $33,000 - $47,400 per year, on average. Depending on your previous experience you may be able to earn $47,400, which is on the higher end of the salary scale. Those with entry-level experience should expect to earn $33,100 as a starting salary.
Morgue Assistant Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Previous morgue assistant experience. Comfortable with the operational requirements of pathologists and what's required to ensure that all morgue duties are being performed in accordance with company guidelines and policies.
Morgue Assistant Skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in high-pressure environments.
- Strong ability to work in stressful environments.
- Strong ability to follow safety protocol.
- Strong verbal communication skills and coordination skills.
Morgue Assistant Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of all postmortem bodies, tissue and other specimens that the pathologists may be working with.
- Assist in the examination of all postmortem bodies and inputs patient data in the health speciality software.
- Maintains all of the machinery associated with our process, including Cryostat and Morgue equipment.
- Participate in the education and training of all new employees.
- Performs morgue area duties and procedures that are defined in the company handbook.
Morgue Assistant Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED is strongly preferred.
- At least 6 months of mortuary training or work experience in a morgue or mortuary.
- If you have a degree in mortuary studies or biology, your application will be preferred.
- A keen understanding of hospital and mortuary operations is preferred.
- Strong ability to exhibit independent judgement and have sound verbal communication abilities.
- Pays close attention to all work areas to ensure they are clean and ready for operations.
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..