Behavioral Specialist Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
A behavioral specialist is a therapeutic educator who works within an education system. A behavioral specialist is someone who is responsible for handling, caring for and overcoming behavioral issues within the education system. These specialists help to plan, develop, and control behavior issues.
Table Of Contents
Behavioral Specialist Job Description Sample
Our education system is seeking a passionate behavioral specialist who can join our team of educators to deliver world-class experiences to our student body. Behavioral specialists are professionals who can help to mitigate and undo behavior issues within our education system. A behavior specialist should have a history of working within an education system and have a good grasp of behavioral development plans.
Behavioral Specialist Salary
Based on data collected in 2019 on behalf of Study.com, a behavioral specialist can earn $39,000 as of 2018. Behavioral specialists with more experience might be able to earn an annual salary of $60,000 depending on the education system and needs of the school.
Behavioral Specialist Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Previous behavioral specialist experience. Comfortable with ABA Therapy requirements. Can work with students of all age groups. Very familiar with behavioral development plans and interacting with parents.
Behavioral Specialist Skills
- Therapy skills.
- Empathy skills.
- Listening skills.
- Patience skills.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Comprehension skills.
Behavioral Specialist Duties & Responsibilities
- Introduce and run therapy programs that are developed by Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA) during your 1:1 sessions with students.
- Take behavioral data into account and record all information during 1:1 sessions with students.
- Comfortable dealing with more aggressive behaviors, and knowing how to handle situations like that.
- Demonstrate the understanding and fundamentals of ABA.
- Represent our education system in a positive light at all times.
- Speak with parents about their son or daughters progress.
Behavioral Specialist Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Education, ABA or similar.
- Must have weekend availability.
- Should be able to obtain RBT Certification within your first 90-days of employment.
- Ability to show you have tremendous written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and show excellence at all times.
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..