Church Administrator Job Description Sample
A church administrator is an operator that works within a church. This is a professional who is responsible for overseeing the general administrative functions and operational functions of a business. This is similar to being the executive leader of a church. Ensuring that all events are coordinated, Sunday services are scheduled, and the church is generally staying in healthy condition.
Table of Contents
- Church Administrator Job Description Sample
- Church Administrator Salary
- Church Administrator Job Description For The Resume
- Church Administrator Skills
- Church Administrator Duties & Responsibilities
- Church Administrator Requirements
Church Administrator Job Description Sample
Our church is seeking a church administrator to ensure our ministry stays in world-class condition. The church administrator is someone who is going to oversee the general operations of our church. Operations and tasks should be set on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly level. Ensuring that all ministries are scheduled, planned and that they happen with the highest of quality.
Church Administrator Salary
According to data collected by PayScale in 2019, a church administrator should see an average annual salary of $38,500 per year. A church administrator who has ten to nineteen years of experience operating a church might be able to see salary ranges in the $39,000 to $45,000 annual salary range.
Church Administrator Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Previous experience knowing how to operate a church. Comfortable managing all donations, ministry services, events, childcare, and more. Comfortable overseeing all the bookkeeping of a church as well and how that impacts tax returns and the ability for the church to stay in its current location.
Church Administrator Skills
- Administrative skills.
- Bookkeeping skills.
- Listening skills.
- Planning skills.
- Adaptability skills.
- Leadership skills.
Church Administrator Duties & Responsibilities
- Directly report to our church's Associate Pastor and work closely with the Lead Pastor.
- Implement a vision for the church and instill our values into every function and event.
- Oversee the management of our finances and ensure our church is accounting for all donations and reporting taxes.
- Oversee our HT, IT, and facilities management functions of the business.
- Supervise all volunteers during church events.
- Maintain a healthy, safe, and quality church or work environment at all times.
- Be an administrative assistant to the executive pastor and administrator as needed.
- Help all staff ensure their congretation is ready and willing for the week.
- Ensure the church office is clear and organized.
- Speak with the senior pastor and prepare needs for the week.
- Prepare the church calendar and provide it to all guests.
- Ensure daily operations are in smooth working order and ready to praise Jesus Christ.
- Handle all volunteer and church communications.
- Enlist bible studies and congregation at needed.
- Speak with church leaders regularly and determine their needs of the office and church administration.
Church Administrator Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other.
- Experience working in a church ministry is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of church trends and trends in property management.
- Previous experience managing people and a keen ability to make decisions.
- Keen leadership skills and the ability to positively influence others.
- Ability to work weekend hours.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..