Assistant General Manager Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
An assistant general manager is someone who is part of the operations and leadership team, usually within a retail setting. An assistant general manager is a professional who can assist with general manager duties. A general manager usually captures a wide variety of business functions. From HR to operations. Or from finance to sales. The assistant general manager is someone who can provide guidance to these area's of interest for the general manager.
Table Of Contents
Assistant General Manager Job Description Sample
Our business is looking for an assistant general manager to help with general management duties alongside our core GM. A great assistant general manager is someone who can help to play a multipurpose function within the business while supporting the leadership of our GM.
Assistant General Manager Salary
According to data collected by Glassdorr in 2019, an assistant general manager can expect to earn anywhere from $48,000 per to $58,000 on average. Those with significant amounts of experience, exceeding ten to fifteen years, may be able to earn more.
Assistant General Manager Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Previous experience as an assistant general manager and team leader. Comfortable in the daily operations of general management duties. Understand the needs of a business from the daily, weekly and monthly levels.
Assistant General Manager Skills
- Operational skills.
- Planning skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Adaptability skills.
- Self-motivation skills.
- Sales skills.
- Customer service skills.
Assistant General Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist our GM with all operational, functional, and financial duties on behalf of our locations.
- Assist with the hiring, training, terminating and performance reviews of employees.
- Provide guidance to sales represnetatives on driving growth.
- Ensure that customers are constantly being served in a high-quality way.
- Provide ongoing support to our GM in a multitude of ways.
- Be comfortable in fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Know how to drive sales, report on growth and identify gaps in market conditions.
Assistant General Manager Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Management preferred.
- Ability to execute sales growth and revenue growth.
- Ability to manage a team and inspire employees.
- Ability to work alonside the GM and support their vision.
- Recognizes that no job is too small.
- Proven track record of driving success.
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..