Receiver Clerk Job Description Sample
A Receiver Clerk is a professional who works within the shipping and receiving warehouse. This is a professional who is assigned the responsibility of handling all incoming shipments. This professional oversees and executes the accepting, inspecting and approval of all incoming stock and inventory.
Table Of Contents
Receiver Clerk Job Description Sample
Our shipping and receiving center is seeking a detail-oriented Receiver Clerk who can help to ensure all incoming shipments are correct and as desired. Our Receiver Clerks help to inspect, approve, organize and transit all incoming shipments to their proper destinations within our warehouse setting. Their role is key to the inventory management of our business.
Receiver Clerk Salary
According to data collected by PayScale in 2019, a Receiver Clerk has the ability to earn $15.20 per hour on average. Those employees who have more than ten to fifteen years of proven experience in shipping and receiving may be able to earn upwards of $18 per hour, on average.
Receiver Clerk Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Comfortable with shipping and receiving duties within a warehouse. My previous experience allowed me to learn how to sort, organize, and deploy large inbound shipments into warehousing so that inventory management is efficient.
Receiver Clerk Skills
- Operational skills.
- Forklift skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Shipment processing skills.
- Team coordination skills.
- Safety protocol skills.
- Inventory management skills.
Receiver Clerk Duties & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the receiving of all documents that are related to inbound shipments. Record and control all shipping documents. And ensure that orders are complete.
- Ensure that employees are using their proper shipping documents. And that order ship through our warehouse management system correctly.
- Schedule inbound and outbound appointments and follow-up with shipment calls as necessary.
- Work closely with Inventory Control to ensure all receipts are accurate and adjusted as necessary.
- Ensure all team members are following company and state safety protocol.
- Be responsible for immediately reporting any safety issues.
- Work closely with project managers as assigned.
Receiver Clerk Requirements
- High school diploma or GED is strongly preferred.
- At least two years experience in shipping and receiving.
- Has keen math skills.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Ability to work with computers.
- Ability to lift boxes with a forklift.
- Knoweldge of inventory management.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..