Shift Supervisor Job Description Sample
A Shift Supervisor is a professional who is responsible for a team during a limited period of time. They are part of the management team. A Shift Supervisor may be the professional who oversees employees during a "shift". This means that for the time that the manager is part of the workday, they are acting as a leader. This is different than regular management as they don't oversee all employees on a consistent basis. But only the employee's that are working with them at the time.
Table Of Contents
Shift Supervisor Job Description Sample
Our business is seeking leadership material for the position of Shift Supervisor. This is someone who is able to help provide guidance to employees at all times and help lead. They are the professionals who ensure that operations are running smoothly, that questions all employees have are being answered, and that our business is operating in optimal conditions.
Shift Supervisor Salary
A retail Shift Supervisor, according to data collected by PayScale in 2019, shows that they can earn an average salary of $13.00 per hour. Shift Supervisors may earn more depending on the industry that they are in and the prior management experience that they have. A Shift Supervisor could be someone who is compensated normally but then given additional compensation for their shift management duties.
Shift Supervisor Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Previous team leadership abilities. Comfortable having control over operations. Basic things such a key holding and ensuring inventory is readily available for the workday. Pride myself on being able to serve our employees in a positive light and help lead us to success on a daily basis.
Shift Supervisor Skills
- Team motivation skills.
- Planning skills.
- Inventory management skills.
- Adaptability skills.
- Empathy skills.
- Reliability skills.
- Listening skills.
Shift Supervisor Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist your store manager in supervising, training and developing store personnel.
- Assume management responsibilities during shift hours. Ensure that store operations and commercial departments are in working order.
- Monitor all cash flow, sales, inventory as it pertains to sales, and security control.
- Address all customer concerns and learn how to drive customer success during shift hours.
- Maintain employee and sales productivity by empowering our personnel with the tools they need to do great work.
- Provide feedback to personnel when they aren't following company procedure or certain goal related guidelines.
- Conduct and review all store opening and store closing duties.
Shift Supervisor Requirements
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have at least two years of retail management experience.
- Ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrates high levels of integrity at all times.
- Ability to motivate groups of people.
- Ability to be a change agent and show how success is made in the workplace.
Using This Shift Supervisor Job Description Template
In order to use your new shift supervisor job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring ResourcesStarbucks Shift Supervisor Job Description
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..