10 Best Part-Time Summer Jobs By Highest Pay (Salary)
Waiting until the summer to get a part-time job is a great idea. There’s a number of seasonal part-time jobs that show up. Inversely, the winter and holiday time is a great part of the year to get a part-time job as well. Most employers move with the seasons in terms of customer demand. And that’s when jobs can become available.
Table Of Contents
How You Can Get A Part-Time Summer Job
Before jumping into the best types of summer jobs you can get. It’s great to understand how to get those jobs. For the most part, employers tend to list their part-time or seasonal availability online. Websites like Indeed.com tend to be the best place to look. Avoiding Craigslist is recommended as there’s no regulation over the job listings and this can make it possible that you apply for a job listing that is potentially SPAM or a scam.
The best way to ensure you get a part-time job in the summer is to start looking for employment around February or March. Reach out to employers directly and ask them if they will be increasing their footprint for seasonality.
Put together your list of applicable employers in the geography you’re trying to get hired within and start emailing and making phone calls before the summertime.
10 Best Part-Time Summer Jobs By Pay
This list is organized by the most pay to the least pay. For most part-time positions, you’ll be paid on an hourly basis. And most likely, you’ll want the highest pay you can get for the work you’ll be doing.
- Pool Maintance Associate ($20.00 average hourly pay in the U.S.)
- Hunting & Fishing Guide ($19.00 average hourly pay in the U.S.)
- Painter ($16.83 average hourly pay in the U.S.)
- Boat Rental Associate ($16.40 average hourly pay in the U.S.)
- Mover ($14.71 average hourly pay in the U.S.)
- Delivery Driver ($14.28 average hourly pay in the U.S.)
- Carpet Cleaning Associate ($12.38 average hourly pay in the U.S.)
- Bartender ($11.72 average hourly pay in the U.S.)
- Lifeguard ($9.73 average hourly pay in the U.S.)
- Server ($7.00 average hourly pay in the U.S.)
Why are these great jobs?
Pool Maintenance Associate: Many consumers open their pools for the summertime across the U.S. This can be a great time to help with pool maintenance.
Hunting & Fishing Guide: During the summers across the U.S., more people are spending time outdoors. Hunting and fishing guides can earn high compensation for their time guiding enthusiasts.
Painter: More consumers tend to lean into home maintenance during the summer months. Including painting the exterior of their home. This can be a great summer job for college students.
Boat Rental Associate: Boat rentals in rivers and lakes tend to open up in the summertime. Helping customers with their rentals and ensuring safety protocol is taken can be a great part-time job.
Mover: Consumers tend to move more in the summer months. The weather is warmer and that makes it an opportune time. Moving companies hire part-time movers to assist with this increase in demand.
Delivery Driver: More consumers tend to order out during the summer months when life is more busy with sporting events and activities. Demand increases for delivery drivers.
Carpet Cleaning Associate: Heard of spring cleaning? This is a real thing. Consumers tend to want to start their summer months off with home cleaning.
Bartender: Summer months mean more outdoor time. This includes patio time and increased consumption of alcoholic beverages. More bartending jobs tend to open up.
Lifeguard: Local communities open their public swimming pools as well as beaches and oceans. There becomes more demand for lifeguards.
Part-Time Job Resources
- Learn about the best part-time jobs - 5 Best Part-Time Jobs Plus 14 Other Easy Part-Time Jobs
- Learn about part-time job cover letters - 2 Best Part-Time Job Cover Letter Examples
- Learn how to gracefully resign from a part-time job - 5 Easy Steps To Quit A Part-Time Job
- Learn how many hours in a work week constitutes part-time employment - How Many Hours Per Week Constitutes Part-Time? The Answer Here
- Learn what the difference between full-time and part-time is - Part Time vs Full Time Explained
- Do part-time employees get holiday pay? Learn about the laws, rules, and regulations - The Laws On Part Time Employees & Holiday Pay
- Learn what the best paying part-time summer jobs are - 10 Best Part-Time Summer Jobs By Highest Pay (Salary)
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..