Welder Job Description Sample
A Welder is a professional who deals with the metal welding on construction sites or within manufacturing businesses. Professional welders are those who know how to use hand-welding equipment and join metal components or fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
Table of Contents
- Welder Job Description Sample
- Welder Salary
- Welder Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
- Welder Skills
- Welder Duties & Responsibilities
- Welder Requirements
Welder Job Description Sample
Our company is seeking an experienced Mig / Tig welder who can work with our hand-held welding equipment. Great candidates are those who understand the needs of our production process and are able to follow safety protocol. Experienced candidates will be preferred. Must have knowledge of working with steel, stainless steel and aluminum.
The average Welder in the U.S. can earn an average of $31,300 to $59,900 per year, based on data collected by PayScale in 2019. Welders with at least five to ten years of prior experience may be able to earn on the upper end of that average scale. While entry-level applicants shouldn't expect to earn any more than $31,500 per year.
Welder Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Previous commercial and production level welding experience. Comfortable using hand-held equipment to join metal components of all types. Has keen attention to detail, able to spot metal holes and fill them quickly.
- Hand-eye coordination skills.
- Production understanding skills.
- Tig welding skills.
- Mig welding skills.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Safety protocol skills.
Welder Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor all welding performance for quality and efficiency.
- Follow safe manufacturing and material handling practices.
- Be able to Mig / Tig both steel, stainless steel, and all aluminum products.
- Ability to follow written and verbal communication.
- Ability to use a tape measure, ruler or caliper to perform accurate measurements per spec print.
- The ability to idnetify types of joins and welds.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
- At least 2 years of prior Mig / Tig Welding experience of steel, stainless steel or aluminum.
- Ability to be a production welder and understand the needs of our production pipeline.
- Ability to follow all safety protocols.
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs. without assitance and 70 lbs. with assistance.
- Must have incredible hand-eye coordination.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..