Travel Agent Job Description Sample
A Travel Agent is a professional who helps consumers with their travel plans. Travel Agents are still quite popular in the U.S. for overseas travel. Consumers might not understand where the best place to stay and visit might be. This is due to the fact that the consumer can't scout their locations in advance. Travel Agents help to assist them with their travel plans and ensure an incredible experience.
Table Of Contents
Travel Agent Job Description Sample
Our business is seeking creative Travel Agents who can work with our clients to plan their travel and leisure. Travel Agents should have good grasp of overseas travel and it's requirements. Most of our customers are looking to travel abroad. And there's a significant amount of questions that our customers have when this is the case. The role of the Travel Agent is to help cut down on these questions and make their experience memorable.
Travel Agent Salary
The average Travel Agent in the U.S. can earn an average of $10.90 to $22.10 per hour. This information has been collected on behalf of PayScale in 2019. Travel Agents either work from home or work within a Travel Agency.
Travel Agent Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Experienced Travel Agent. Very familiar with the travel and leisure requirements of most customers. Understand how to interview customers to find what their ideal travel plans look like and then design their trip based on that.
Travel Agent Skills
- Bi-lingual skills.
- Planning skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Interview skills.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills.
Travel Agent Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with our clientele to understand their upcoming travel and leisure desires.
- Put together travel plans and map out their activities along with their hotel stays.
- Ensure all booking that happens is confirmed and performed based on the travel destination native language.
- Help our customers understand the best destinations for them based on their language skills.
- Ensure that all upcoming travel and leisure is confirmed on behalf of our customers.
- Be a customer support agent and readily available to our customers.
Travel Agent Requirements
- High School Diploma, Bachelor's Degree or GED preferred.
- Previous experience in customer support or a travel agency, preferred.
- Ability to operate a computer and handle complex booking requirements.
- Bi-lingual skills is a large plus.
- Ability to understand our clients expectations and meet them.
- Ability to be a great listener and impress our customers.
Using This Travel Agent Job Description Template
In order to use your new travel agent job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..