Cyber Security Job Description Sample
Embarking upon a rewarding career in the cybersecurity field opens the door to many opportunities. For those who pursue this career, that means you'll be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, including protecting computers and networking computers from potential cyber-attacks and hackers. You'll also be responsible for safeguarding a business's sensitive data from cyber-criminals and hackers, who are often known for creating new ways of infiltrating databases.
Table of Contents
- Cyber Security Job Description Sample
- Cyber Security Salary
- Cyber Security Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
- Cyber Security Skills
- Cyber Security Duties & Responsibilities
- Cyber Security Requirements
Cyber Security Job Description Sample
Our company is seeking a highly-motivated and qualified cybersecurity professional with an in-depth understanding of cybersecurity methodologies and an analytical mind. You'll be responsible for having meticulous attention to detail, delivering on tight deadlines, working comfortably under pressure, and having remarkable problem-solving skills. Successful candidates must display an exceptional understanding of technology infrastructures using Data Loss Prevention, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Security Audits, VPN, and Web-Proxy. Top candidates are comfortable working with a broad range of security problems, troubleshooting, and technologies of the network.
Cyber Security Salary
According to data collected during 2019 by PayScale.com, the national average salary for a cybersecurity professional is $75,754.00 per year. That equates to a median wage of, on average, $26.70 per hour. Entry-level cybersecurity professionals with less than one year of experience can expect to see salaries of at least $61,000.00 per year. Those who have been working as a cybersecurity professional for twenty years or longer are reporting earnings of at least $111,000.00 or higher.
Cyber Security Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Qualified, analytical, and detail-oriented cybersecurity professional with over five years of experience with security contractors. University IT graduate with a background in automation, digital forensics, and cloud safety. Proven record of evaluating system vulnerabilities to recommend security improvements and improve efficiency. Thrive under pressure in fast-paced environments, works well independently, and can direct multiple projects seamlessly.
Cyber Security Skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working under pressure.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with an analytical mind.
- Can configure, maintain, monitor, and run security programs.
- Can think creatively regarding innovative ways for developing and implementing preventative measures and security protocols.
- Has a firm understanding of test results and the development of ideal solutions.
- Is trustworthy, dependable, and reliable.
- Has integrity and can handle private or sensitive information.
- Possesses exceptional teamwork skills, as well as the ability to work unsupervised.
Cyber Security Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, implements, manages, monitors, and upgrades all security measures for protecting an organization's data, network, and systems.
- Troubleshoots network and security problems.
- Responds to all network and (or) system security breaches.
- Established appropriate security controls to ensure the organization's data and infrastructure receive protection.
- Participates in the change management process.
- Tests and identifies system and network vulnerabilities.
- Completes daily administrative tasks.
- Granting credentials and access to authorized users.
- Monitoring all information access.
- Checking for unregistered changes for all information and data.
- Running defensive protocols and programs when breaches occur.
- Testing for and correcting potential openings or weaknesses.
- Configuring security tools and applications.
- Communicates and reports to the organization's relevant departments.
Cyber Security Requirements
- Associates or Bachelors in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, IT, or an equivalent field.
- At least two years of work experience in forensics, incident detection, and incident response.
- Experience working with Endpoint Security, Firewalls (maintenance and functionality), VSX, and Office 365 Security.
- Proficiency in C++, Go, Java, Node, Python, Power Shell, and (or) Python.
- In-depth understanding of hacking techniques and cyber security trends.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesCyber Security Analyst Job Description
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..