Dietary Aide Job Description Sample
For those who have an interest in embarking upon a rewarding career as a dietary aid, that means you'll be working alongside physicians and dieticians. It will be your responsibility to provide nutritious meals to the residents of nursing homes or other patients with whom you're working. Your responsibility will also be to have discussions with patients regarding their dietary preferences. That way, they're receiving the healthy meals they'll enjoy.
Table Of Contents
Dietary Aide Job Description Sample
Our facility is actively in search of a detail-oriented dietary aid that will work as an assistant for our dieticians regarding the creation of nutritious and healthy meal plans. We'll use these meal plans for residents and patients in nursing and assisted living homes. Your responsibilities will include guiding patients according to their wish to lose weight and dietary requirements, helping with the preparation of healthy foods, assisting with maintaining and cleaning dining and kitchen areas, delivering food to patients and residents, and maintaining and taking kitchen stock. You'll also be responsible for ensuring all patients are receiving food that meets safety requirements in addition to meeting their specific nutritional guidelines. Successful candidates must follow directions and have a strong attention to detail. Top candidates are compassionate toward residents and patients, plus have physical stamina.
Dietary Aide Resume Summary
This is how you might describe your position as a Dietary Aide in a resume summary, executive summary or professional summary:
Professional, detail-oriented, and organized dietary aid with five years of experience seeking to leverage proven skills within your company. I have superb interpersonal and communication skills and excellent knowledge regarding dietary and nutrition techniques for meeting patients' needs. Extremely well-versed in meal planning and common nutritional findings. Have a working knowledge of specific nutritional considerations, including gluten-free and diabetes.
Dietary Aide National Average Salary
According to the most recent data PayScale collected in 2019 for a dietary aid, their national average salary is $23,193 per year. That requests to, on average, $10.04 per hour. Entry-level dietary aids can expect to see wages of $9.56 per hour. Those who have been working as a dietary aid for twenty years or longer are reporting hourly salaries of $11.95 or higher.
Dietary Aide Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews the patients' dietary preferences and requirements and then discusses them with dieticians to develop nutritional care plans and healthy menus.
- Prepares specific dietary menu plans according to patients' dislikes, medical conditions, physical health, and preferences.
- Assists with the preparation of all meals and serving.
- Inspects specialized dietary trays to ensure they comply with all dietary restrictions.
- Monitors all patients eating habits and reports any issues with appetite loss, chewing, and swallowing.
- Counsels and educates all patients and their families regarding proper nutritional practices.
- Assists the cook regarding determining daily kitchen supplies and stock, as well as maintaining and checking those stock levels.
- Assists in and cleans all dining and kitchen areas.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all current cooking techniques and health food trends.
Dietary Aide Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Remarkable organizational skills.
- Excellent cooking skills.
- Can work well as part of a team and independently.
- Incredible interpersonal skills.
- Must have physical stamina.
- Is flexible and can work full-time.
Dietary Aide Requirements
- Possesses their high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Associate's degree in diet, health, nutrition, or a related field could be a plus.
- Might be advantageous to have work-related experience.
- Previous work experience in customer service is a plus.
- Work in compliance with all sanitary rules and regulations.
- Must be able to operate cooking equipment successfully.
Using This Dietary Aide Job Description Template
In order to use your new dietary aide job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..