Lawyer Job Description Sample
Working as a lawyer means you likely have a passion for law and have a substantial educational background. It isn't uncommon to see a lawyer referred to as an attorney, as well. When you're working as a lawyer, you're a certified professional who advises and represents juristic and natural persons in legal matters. You'll be responsible for counseling clients, performing legal research, preparing legal documentation, and representing clients in civil and criminal court proceedings.
Table Of Contents
Lawyer Job Description Sample
Our firm is actively in search of a lawyer with impeccable analytical and research skills. You'll be responsible for displaying sound decision-making and judgment with exceptional communication and problem-solving skills. Successful candidates must have determination, professionalism, and a keen interest in protecting a client's rights while upholding the law. Tip candidates possess natural leadership qualities with incredible interpersonal, public speaking, and writing skills.
Lawyer Resume Summary
This is how you might describe your position as a Lawyer in a resume summary, executive summary or professional summary:
A driven and professional lawyer with over ten years' experience in corporate law, ensuring commercial transaction legality. Adept at drafting and reviewing documentation. I possess a B.A. in Law, and my State Bar Association license is in good standing. Ninety percent of my cases achieved favorable settlements. I’m seeking to leverage my proven legal expertise, background, and skills in your already established firm.
Lawyer National Average Salary
According to 2019’s statistics from PayScale, the national average salary for a lawyer is $83,672 per year, with the top ninety percent earning $156,000 annually. That equates to, on average, $49.38 per hour. Entry-level lawyers with less than one year of experience can expect to see salaries of at least $61,000 per year. Those who have been working as a lawyer for twenty years or longer are reporting earnings of at least 127,000 per year or higher.
Lawyer Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors legal risk in all documentation.
- Offers guidance about the acceptable assumption of risk.
- Interprets laws, regulations, and rulings for juristic and natural persons.
- Gathers evidence and conducts legal research.
- Ensures all appropriate approvals are in place before the execution of documentation.
- Gives legal advice and explains the law.
- Offers legal representation at mediation or arbitration hearings.
- Drafts, reviews, and manages contracts, deeds, estates, trusts, and wills.
- Works closely with a team toward preparing comprehensive briefs for every case going to trial.
- Maintains a consistent schedule of court appearances, conferences, and hearings bases on the requirements of the case.
- Plans and administers full depositions of case experts and witnesses.
- Reviews discovery documentation and determines the best course of action for every client .
- Manages compliance and related regulatory services.
- Facilitates innovative solutions regarding client issues.
- Offers legal representation to clients in court proceedings regarding criminal or civil matters.
- Oversees and manages legal assistants and paralegals.
- Prepares notices and pleadings.
- Makes appearances in court.
- Follow-up with clients following court decisions and settlements.
- Remarkable interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Incredible verbal and written communication skills.
- Can think analytically with exceptional conceptual and researching skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Incredible sense of discretion and professional attitude.
- Is empathetic and compassionate during all client interactions.
- Must possess a law-related Bachelor's degree.
- Must possess a license to practice law from the State Bar Association.
- Have two years' standing, at least, as an admitted attorney.
- Experiencing in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating legal documentation.
- Is a natural leader who displays attention to detail and sound judgment.
- Can meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
Using This Lawyer Job Description Template
In order to use your new lawyer job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..