Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Sample
When writing a preschool teacher cover letter, there are a few components to your story that you should cover in order to be considered a top candidate. Preschool teachers are around youth. And showing your employer that you have proper child development education or skills is an important part of helping to get hired.
Before you start writing your cover letter, let’s go over what should be inside a preschool teachers cover letter.
Table Of Contents
What Should Be In Your Cover Letter
As a preschool teacher, showing that you have a passion for the youth, a passion for education, and proper certifications or training is key. For example, leaning into the fact that you have proper CPR training is vital. Or another example, having proper classroom safety experience.
Here is what is important to cover inside of your cover letter:
- Your passion for education. Show that you have a passion for education both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Your passion for the youth. Show that you care about child development. And that you care about young children and the environment they are in.
- Your knowledge of the required certifications or training. This would be showing your experience in classroom safety, sanitation, or showing CPR certification.
- Your personal story as part of the reason for your application. Having a good reason for your application can go a long way. This should be more than a job for you. Show that to your future employer. Show your passion, empathy, and desire to be present within their preschool system.
Certifications and Training for Preschool Teachers
If you aren’t sure which certifications or training you should bring up within your cover letter. Here are a few examples:
- CPR training.
- Classroom safety.
- Classroom sanitation.
- Preschool educational methods.
- Child development.
- License to practice preschool education.
- Bachelors degree in early childhood education or a related educational study.
If you have some or all of these, it is highly recommended that you bring awareness to them in your cover letter.
Best Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Example
Here is an example cover letter for a preschool teacher. You’ll see that we use the methods described above to bring up why we care about the position as well as the certifications that we have, all within the cover letter.
123 Road, St.,
Chicago, IL 60619
Applying for: Preschool Teacher
May 1st, 2019
11 School Road
Chicago, IL 60619
Dear Mr. Henry —
I look forward to speaking with you about the position of preschool educator at Ryan Preschool. Growing up I was without a mother in life. It was unfortunate. And my father, a working gentleman, didn’t exactly know what to do for me at times. If it wasn’t for an incredible woman at our preschool, I know I would have missed a number of important steps in becoming a woman and professional in life. This is why I respect and love this position and want to give other children the experience I had in life.
I’m proficient in many of the required skills that made up a great preschool teacher. Including the ability to make education fun, understand curriculum needs, and design an enjoyable and professional classroom experience at all times.
Some of my certifications and prior merits include:
- CPR training
- Classroom sanitation certification
- Classroom safety certification
- State license to practice as a preschool teacher
- And many more
I look forward to speaking with you about this opportunity and showing you how I can ensure that all parents are pleased with the services that we offer.
If you can, keep your resume to one page, at most. You want your reader to be engaged. But you don't want to communicate that you may not have great written communication skills. Written and verbal communication skills are very important for educators. This means that you want to make sure your cover letter is as impactful and practical as possible.
Using Your Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Template
In order to use your new preschool teacher cover letter template, follow the instructions as listed.
- Step one: Open the document and replace all contact information with your personal contact information as well as the title of the position you are applying for.
- Step two: Ensure you use merits or job requirement details in the body of the message that are targeted and applicable to the preschool teacher job function.
- Step three: Export your cover letter as a PDF and include that as part of your attachments for your job application email or send inside of the careers portal at the corporate website.
Related Hiring ResourcesPreschool Teacher Job Description Sample - Free Template
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..