Best Office Clerk Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
An office clerk is an administrative professional found within larger commercial businesses. An office clerk has varying job duties. Some duties include answering phones, sending memos, typing documents, editing notes, taking notes, filing records, and other administrative tasks.
An office clerk may have various job titles. Including office automation clerk, general office clerk, and accounting clerk.
Office Clerk Job Description Sample
Our business is seeking a general office clerk to assist with a variety of administrative duties. The office clerk will oversee incoming calls, office procedures, incoming mail, office supplies, office management, and assisting the administrative assistant with various office duties. This may include assisting with scheduling meetings or travel arrangements. And other clerical duties that provide our office with efficiency.
Office Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
Sample duties and office clerk responsibilities:
- Ensure office supplies are well stocked and office equipment is in working order.
- Assist the administrative assistant and executive secretary with clerical tasks.
- Collect and deposit all outgoing mail.
- Assist with basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Assist with financial records and reporting from the finance department.
- Perform duties that assist executives and provide office efficiency.
- Ensure fax machines, telephones, facsimile machines are all in working order.
- Assist with taking notes and dictation.
- Be a flexible worker and take on any task assigned to you.
Office Clerk Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- High degree of organizational skills and communication skills.
- Ability to have flexible working hours.
- Computer skills and proficiency with software like Microsoft Office for word processing.
- Previous work experience in a clerical job preferred.
- Stenography skills or proficiency is preferred.
- Previous work experience in an office clerk position is a plus.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesOffice Clerk Resume Objective Examples
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..