School Psychologist Job Description Sample
A School Psychologist is a professional who helps to support the success of students academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally. A school psychologist is someone who collaborates with educators, parents and other professionals to help ensure a safe and professional environment ready for education.
School Psychologist Job Description Sample
Our education system is seeking a passionate and licensed School Psychologist to work alongside our faculty, staff, student body, and parents. This professional will take on the responsibility of ensuring that all students have a safe and sound education environment. They oversee the students academic performance, their social behavior and their emotional needs within the school system.
School Psychologist Salary
According to the latest statistics by Indeed, a School Psychologist can earn an average salary range of about $72,770 per year. This is based on a national average. Though, some states may pay school psychologists more.
School Psychologist Job Description for the Resume
Previous working experience in a school system. Comfortable handling the needs of a student body on a behavioral, emotional, and educational manner. Comfortable assessing students individually, as groups, as well as providing guidance to parents.
School Psychologist Skills
- Ability to generate and write detailed reports.
- Ability to perform and help educate interventions.
- Ability to work alongside those with disabilities.
- Ability to use Embrace and Eureka systems.
School Psychologist Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates an awareness of adolescent and child development related needs that are closely associated to emotional functions.
- Collaborates with the educational staff and team on effective school continuity.
- Demonstrates an understanding of learning theory.
- Utilizes knowledge related to the effective implementation of psychological instrumentation.
- Demonstrates strong ability to utilize data systems.
School Psychologist Requirements
Here’s where you can break down the requirements of your position in further detail. Include informational requirements such as education, additional skills, and abilities.
- Must hold a current Professional Educator License (PEL).
- Must have previous education system background.
- Must have School Psychology Endorsement, NCSP is preferred.
- Previous experience working with student body a plus.
- Proven experience working with those who have disabilities is a plus.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..