Order Picker Job Description Sample
An order picker is a professional who manages inventory, shipping and receiving, and merchandising within a shipping center. These professionals oversee all types of orders that come through the merchandiser, from online order to phone orders.
Order pickers are responsible for the inventory management and inventory picking portion of the order. When a digital order contains three items, the order picker goes through the inventory to collect these items and place them as ready for shipment.
Order Picker Job Description Sample
Our shipping and receiver center is searching for passionate, detail-oriented order pickers who can help ensure that all outgoing orders contain the right contents of the shipment. Order pickers are vital in ensuring that our customer service department doesn’t receive significant requests and can assure that all customers are shipped the correct order.
Order Picker Required Soft Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to pay close attention to small differences in the orders.
- Ability to organize inventory after picking order contents.
- Ability to work alongside other order pickers.
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate to managers when there’s an issue.
Order Picker Responsibilities
- Pick up order numbers and understand the contents of the order.
- Run through inventory and place order contents within the package.
- Ensure that the order contents are correct.
- Place the order as ready for shipping.
- Ensure the order is placed properly within the shipping and receiving department as ready for departure.
Order Picker Requirements
- Ability to stand on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk extended distances.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work hourly.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks.
- Strong communication abilities.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..