Esthetician Job Description
An esthetician is a licensed professional that works in a health club, beauty salon, clinic, resort, or spa to help clients beautify their skin and improve dermatological health. Some may also offer extra services such as permanent eyelashes.
Esthetician Job Description Sample
We are looking for a skilled, compassionate, and experienced esthetician to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for all areas of skincare services we offer.
This includes, but is not limited to: facials, chemical peels, skin treatments, body treatments, and waxing. You must be licensed to practice and have a warm personality. You may also be responsible for checking in clients as well as scheduling new appointments.
Candidates with more than 3 years experience are encouraged to apply.
The entry-level salary for an esthetician is approximately $28,200 a year. However, for an experienced professional, the annual salary may increase to upwards of $44,000.
Esthetician Required Soft Skills
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Time-management skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and courteous demeanor.
- Aptitude for sales.
- Efficient work style.
Esthetician Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate skin condition of clients and suggest treatments to improve customer satisfaction and confidence with their appearance.
- Make recommendations for skincare products such as lotions, facial washes, or moisturizers.
- Wax and pluck unwanted hair on the face and body.
- Perform facials and other skin treatments.
- Perform body massages.
- Conduct pedicures and manicures.
- Clean and maintain skincare tools.
- Promote services and retail products.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work environment.
- Ensure the care and satisfaction of all customers.
- Adhere to the schedule of appointments.
- Educate clients on proper skincare routines and best practices in maintaining an optimal dermatological condition
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Book appointments, answer phone calls and assist with any client questions or inquiries regarding services or products.
- Ability to stand for long periods and be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in the field.
- You must be licensed as an Esthetician.
Other Esthetician Resources
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesEsthetician Resume Example
Esthetician Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..