Information Security Analyst Job Description
An information security analyst's job is to design and implement all security systems that protect a company's network from cyber attacks, along with setting and maintaining security standards for the organization.
Information Security Analyst Job Description Sample
We are looking to hire an Information Security Analyst to support our IT security team. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring the company's networks, installing security software, and documenting any security breaches or issues found.
You will also help us improve our IT security systems and develop company-wide best practices to maintain optimal IT security.
Candidates with more than 3 years experience are encouraged to apply.
Information Security Analyst Salary
An information security analyst salary hovers around the $75,000 mark. An entry-level analyst should expect a salary around the $59,000 mark while an experienced and highly-skilled information security analyst can expect to make nearly $134,000 annually, if not more.
Information Security Analyst Required Soft Skills
- Outstanding knowledge of firewalls, antivirus software, and IDPS concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Team player.
- Ability to identify security threats as well as potential future vulnerabilities.
- Excel at installing security software.
- Proficiency with Linux, MAC and other operating systems.
Information Security Analyst Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor the company's computer networks for security issues or breaches.
- Investigate any security breaches or other cyber threats.
- Document all security breaches and investigate the damage they caused.
- Install security measures including firewalls and encryption programs to protect systems.
- Work with the company's security team and perform tests of the network to detect any vulnerabilities.
- Fix any vulnerabilities that are found.
- Develop and implement company-wide IT practices towards maintaining information security.
- Penetration testing of the networks and systems.
- Perform research on security enhancements regularly and make the necessary recommendations to management.
Information Security Analyst Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant field.
- MBA in information systems is an asset.
- Prior experience in information security or a similar role.
- 3+ years experience with computer network penetration testing and patch management.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..