Medical Office Manager Job Description
Medical Office Managers are in charge of the overall business operation of a healthcare facility. They are responsible for monitoring the budget and billing payments, ordering office and medical supplies as needed, and implementing office policies and protocols.
Medical Office Manager Job Description Sample
We are seeking a qualified and experienced medical office manager to oversee our medical facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining day-to-day operations, budgeting, and maintaining all medical and staff records.
You should be prepared to maintain workflow and uninterrupted service of patients in our facility as well as ensure discretionary handling of all patient files and their medical histories.
Candidates with more than 3 years experience are encouraged to apply.
Medical Office Manager Salary
The average salary for a medical office manager is around $22.12 per hour. The annual salary for this position usually ranges from around $50,000 up to $83,000, according to insights from Glassdoor, Neuvoo, and Ziprecruiter. However, location, institution, experience or tenure in the position, and educational background influences this salary.
Medical Office Manager Required Soft Skills
- Organizational skills.
- Confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Written and verbal communication.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Accounting knowledge.
Medical Office Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee budget and billing.
- Order medical supplies as well as office supplies as needed.
- Supervise office staff such as receptionists and secretaries.
- Collaborate with doctors and nurses to identify and fix office disfunction.
- Arrange cleaning crews and emergency maintenance as necessary.
- Maintain inventory and records of inventory.
- Provide informational material and brochures for patients, easily accessible in the waiting area.
- Ensure compliance with medical laws, healthcare regulations, and the highest ethical standards.
Medical Office Manager Requirements
- Previous experience as a medical office manager or a closely related field.
- Knowledge of administrative processes and accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare administration, or related or relevant area OR an associate's degree in business administration.
- Knowledge of medical issues and terminology.
- PAHCOM certification is an asset but is not mandatory.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..