Plumber Job Description
A plumber's job is to install, maintain, and repair pipes and related fixtures in relation to heating, cooling, sanitation systems, and water distribution in both commercial and residential structures.
Plumber Job Description Sample
We are looking to hire an experienced plumber to join our team! The successful candidate will be responsible for installing and repairing piping structures, inspecting plumbing systems as well as drainage systems for compliance with all associated regulations.
Candidates with more than 3 years experience are encouraged to apply.
The salary for a plumber can range anywhere from $26,000 to $73,000 depending on their experience and the presence of industry certifications and licensing. The specific company and contract also influence the salary. This salary scale does not include overtime earnings, so there is a potential to make a lot more through overtime work.
Plumber Required Soft Skills
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Time-management skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Stress management skills.
- Physical strength.
- Aptitude for troubleshooting.
- Visualize structures from drawings and plans.
Plumber Duties & Responsibilities
- Map layout for pipes and drainage systems as well as any other plumbing materials.
- Install piping fixtures such as sinks and toilets, or anything related to water, steam, air, gas, or other liquids.
- Install supports for aforementioned fixtures before installation process begins.
- Test systems for leaks or other issues.
- Install heating and cooling systems, including water heaters.
- Collaborate with contractors, construction crews, electricians, etc.
- Comply with all building codes and health and safety regulations.
- Analyze problems associated with piping systems or fixtures and identify which tools and materials are needed to repair the flaw.
- Write reports of all actions taken when making repairs.
- Perform inspections of all plumbing systems to identify (and replace, if necessary) problem areas.
- Certification after 4-year apprenticeship program.
- 3+ years experience on the job.
- Additional college education related to the field is.
Using This Plumber Job Description Template
In order to use your new plumber job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..