Production Coordinator Job Description
A production coordinator ensures that all production processes go smoothly. They are the supervisory agent to the production managers and other production personnel. People in this role are responsible for overseeing the entire production process and solving problems as they come up.
Production Coordinator Job Description Sample
We are looking for a motivated production coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising production assistants and maintaining production schedules. They will also handle a variety of other tasks to ensure smooth production processes, including preparing copies of scripts, tracking schedules, and ensuring that production operates within the set budget.
Production Coordinator Salary
The average salary for a production coordinator sits right around $48,000 per year, give or take a few thousand. Entry-level positions are started at about $37,000, whereas an experienced production coordinator can earn as much as $73,000 per year. This salary is also influenced by education and varies largely per company.
Production Coordinator Required Soft Skills
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well within time constraints.
- Professional attitude.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled at administrative tasks including budgeting and data entry.
- Able to work well under pressure.
Production Coordinator Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform clerical duties to support producers, production managers, and directors.
- Manage scheduling and calendars.
- Maintain budgets as well as track billing.
- Arrange meetings as well as talent travel.
- Organizes productions that occur off-site.
- Plan events and seminars.
- Assist promotion department.
- Collaborate with production managers to ensure the needs of crew and cast are met.
- Ensure that short and long-term planning aligns with set goals.
- Work with all departments to ensure a smooth production process.
Production Coordinator Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in film, marketing, management, communications, or another related field.
- Previous experience a plus. If none, an internship with a production company is an asset.
- Familiarity with all aspects of production processes.
Using This Production Coordinator Job Description Template
In order to use your new production coordinator job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..