IT Director Job Description
An IT Director is responsible for overseeing all IT functions within a company. They are an essential part of the IT leadership and are responsible for building and directing a world-class IT team.
IT Director Job Description Sample
Our company is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced IT professional to join our team in the role of IT Director. The ideal candidate would be very knowledgeable in computer systems and information technology. In this position, you will be responsible for managing our IT team and must oversee the company's technology operations as well as the implementation of new IT systems and policies in the company with the goal of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of all technological operations in place.
IT Director Salary
According to PayScale 2019, the average salary for an IT director with 5-9 years of experience is around $104,000. However, with 10-19 years of experience, an IT director earns an average of $117,000 and reaches as high as $166,000 for the most highly educated, experienced, and effective professionals with this title. This salary will also depend on and vary with the location as well as the size of the company.
IT Director Required Soft Skills
- Leadership capabilities.
- Time management and multi-tasking.
- Analytical mindset.
- Outstanding technical knowledge.
IT Director Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspect technological software and equipment to maintain efficiency and functionality.
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems that work to support strategies of the company.
- Purchase cost-effective and efficient equipment and software.
- Analyze business requirements of different departments to meet their technology needs.
- Identify when upgrades, new configurations, or new systems is necessary and report this to upper management.
- Coordinate IT managers, technicians, and computer scientists.
- Control the budget and report expenditures.
IT Director Requirements
- Experience as an IT director or similar executive leadership role is an asset.
- Experience in analyzing, implementing, and evaluating IT systems.
- Understanding of all computer systems.
- BSc or BA in computer science, engineering, programming, or related field (Master's is a plus).
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesIT Director Resume Example
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..