IT Specialist Job Description
An IT specialist provides support for IT departments as well as user support for an organization's clientele. They are also responsible for installing, maintaining, or upgrading hardware and software as necessary. They also resolve any and all IT issues faced by the company.
IT Specialist Job Description Sample
We are looking to bring on an experienced IT Specialist to join our experienced team. Reporting to the IT Manager and IT Director, you will be responsible for helping maintain our IT infrastructure. An ideal candidate would be able to assist with installing, upgrading, and maintaining software packages while providing direct technical support to colleagues and end-users. In this role, you will work with both internal and external teams, as well as independently to ensure the consistency and reliability of all IT systems within the organization and relevant projects.
IT Specialist Salary
The average IT specialist makes around $70,000 per year. Entry-level salaries for this position start about $37,500 per year, whereas an experienced IT specialist can make upwards of $106,000 per year.
The salary primarily depends on years of experience in this role (or a similar position) but can also be influenced by extra certifications as well as specialized skills within the industry that are beneficial to the company.
IT Specialist Required Soft Skills
- Written and verbal communication.
- Time management.
- Problem-solving and diagnostic skills.
- Knowledge of hardware and software configuration for computers, networks, servers, and peripherals.
- Knowledge of information security practices.
- Creativity and ingenuity.
- Personable and professional demeanor.
IT Specialist Duties & Responsibilities
- Install and configure networks.
- Install new software and hardware.
- Regularly evaluate IT systems to ensure they meet the demand of the company.
- Educating coworkers about network security as well as best practices for computer usage and security.
- Manage databases.
- Provide user support.
- Manage information security.
- Troubleshoot failing systems and hardware and support the day-to-day operations.
IT Specialist Requirements
- Experience with server software as well as database management software.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or another relevant field.
- Additional relevant education or professional certifications are a plus.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..