Front Desk Agent Job Description
Front Desk Agents are the first person a customer speaks to upon entering a hotel, motel, or resort. They are responsible for checking guests in and out, verifying the registration information, processing payments, and directing guests to their rooms.
Front Desk Agent Job Description Sample
We are looking to hire a Front Desk Agent to assist with checking guests in and out of our hotel. Your main responsibilities will be receiving guests' payments, balancing cash at the end of your shift, and ensuring keys are handed back to the front desk upon departure.
You will also need to quickly become familiar with the hotel layout, special offers, and flow of in-house operations. In this role, the ideal candidate will also assist guests with resolving complaints or problems, as well as answering general inquiries and recommendation requests.
You may also be required to assist with reservation taking as well as promoting/upselling higher rate rooms to guests.
Front Desk Agent Salary
According to Glassdoor in 2019, the average Front Desk Agent makes approximately $39,000 per year. The salary can range from as low as $22,000 to as high as $74,000 in rare circumstances.
Education, experience, and the specific establishment employing someone in this capacity influence pay.
Front Desk Agent Required Soft Skills
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player.
- Interpersonal communication.
- Organization skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Time management skills.
Front Desk Agent Duties & Responsibilities
- Greeting guests upon arrival and thanking them upon departure.
- Checking guests in and out.
- Assisting guests with disabilities.
- Operating switchboard and assisting with inquiries.
- Posting charges to guest accounts.
- Ensure guest satisfaction by communicating with other departments.
- Keeping up with a daily checklist.
- Assist reservations manager.
- Resolving guest complaints and problems as necessary.
Front Desk Agent Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Professional and neat appearance.
- Available to work morning and night shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Previous Front Desk experience is a plus.
- Degree in hotel management is a plus.
- Friendly and helpful personality.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..