Construction Worker Job Description
Becoming an outstanding construction worker is one of the initial steps before moving into a trade, or a career in construction management.
Construction work often involves working under a tradesman or construction manager by preparing the job site to keep things running. Starting a career as a construction worker, you may work on roads, new buildings, or on remediation job sites.
Construction Worker Job Description Sample
We are looking for Construction Workers with any level of experience, although experience in this role is a definite asset. Top candidates will have strong communication skills and be familiar with working in a team environment in the construction industry.
Construction Worker Salary
According to the statistics found on PayScale, the average Construction worker makes an annual average of $42,215 per year or an hourly earning rate of 15.31 per hour.
Candidates with little to no experience can earn a modest wage of 13.61 per hour, moving up to an average of $20.12 for more experienced workers. Other aspects that may shape your wage may depend on the location, and the number of duties performed.
Construction Worker Required Soft Skills
The position of Construction Worker is an entry-level role that involves building up the necessary skillset to progress within the industry. Some of the skills that are vital to this role are:
- Strength and stamina.
- Basic building and mechanical knowledge.
- Math and language literacy & oral communication.
- Comfortable and knowledgeable with power tools.
- Critical reasoning skills.
- A willingness to learn.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
Construction Worker Duties & Responsibilities
- Cleaning the job-site and disposing of discarded materials.
- Loading or unloading construction materials.
- Assisting tradesmen in their regular tasks by preparing workspaces for the later steps in their installations.
- Operating various construction equipment.
- Building up or pulling down scaffolding.
Construction Worker Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Valid driver's license.
- A high school diploma is an asset.
- Ability to lift heavy objects and be on your feet for an entire shift.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..