Orthopedic Surgeon Job Description
Orthopedic Surgeons are specialists who help patients treat and resolve medical conditions that affect joints, bones, muscles, nerves, and tendons. They are part of the medical and surgical staff that may sometimes be found within orthopedic treatment centers or hospitals.
Orthopedic Surgeon Job Description Sample
We are seeking a proficient and accomplished orthopedic surgeon to accompany our growing medical team. The ideal candidate would ensure the best healthcare outcomes for patients and would have a strong understanding of the latest techniques and practices in Orthopedic Surgery. You must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and have a friendly and outgoing manner towards patients. In this role, you will be working with a wide array of patients with diverse backgrounds and varying age groups and will be responsible for diagnosing and creating treatment plans, which may include surgery, physical therapy, or appropriate medication.
Orthopedic Surgeon Salary
According to Glassdoor.com, the average base salary of an Orthopedic Surgeon falls around $502,135 per year. This would equate to $241.41 per hour, assuming a 40-hour workweek. On the lower end of salaries, you can expect an average of $244,000 yearly, and as high as $704,000 with more career experience.
Orthopedic Surgeon Required Soft Skills
- Excellent fine motor skills.
- Aptitude towards teamwork.
- Great time-management and organization skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong capacity towards problem-solving.
- Patience and excellent stamina.
Orthopedic Surgeon Duties & Responsibilities
- Assessment of patients to verify medical history.
- Order and analyze diagnostic testing.
- Recommend treatments.
- Perform surgical procedures to mend the musculoskeletal system.
- Prescribe Pain Medication.
- Create and implement plans to rehabilitate patients after surgery.
- Supervise the staffed student residents.
- Accurately chart to ensure medical records are submitted without and undue delays.
Orthopedic Surgeon Requirements
- Completion of an MD or DO and orthopedic surgical residency.
- Minimum 5 years' background as an Orthopedic Surgeon.
- Proven track record of successful surgeries.
- A valid certification from Orthopedic Surgeon Board.
- Exceptional aptitude towards patient care.
- Committed to complying with healthcare regulations and policies.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..