Packer Job Description
Packers, also known as packagers, are responsible for preparing items for shipment. Employees in this role are often responsible for weighing, labeling, and packing products into shipping containers before preparing them for transport. They are part of the shipping and logistics department.
Packer Job Description Sample
We are seeking a skilled and highly organized packer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for accurately weighing and labeling items, packing them into appropriate shipping containers, and cleaning shipping containers as necessary.
The individual working in this role will take appropriate care not to damage items through the labeling and packaging processes. Persons with previous experience packing in a warehouse setting are encouraged to apply for this position. We look forward to your application.
The average salary for a packer sits roughly at $28,000 per year. This equates to an hourly wage of approximately $14.50 per hour. The annual salary can range from $22,000 to upwards of $35,000. Salary is dependent on location, experience, and organization.
Packer Required Soft Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work well with a team or independently with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding organizational abilities.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Ability to lift at least 40lbs regularly.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Efficient work style.
- Basic shop skills.
- Ability to use label makers, tape guns, and other warehouse tools and equipment appropriately.
Packer Duties & Responsibilities
- Clean shipping containers.
- Label items accurately.
- Weight items accurately.
- Pack items in appropriate shipping containers.
- Seal all items and shipping containers properly.
- Label shipping containers accurately.
- Ensure no products or shipping containers are damaged in the packing process.
- Perform final checks to ensure there are no defective items.
- Maintain detailed records.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Report and properly dispose of defective or damaged items.
- Follow all company procedures and guidelines during the entire packing process.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in a warehouse or other packaging setting is an asset.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..