Service Manager Job Description
Service managers oversee all services within a business. They are responsible for ensuring excellent customer service as well as maintaining strong relationships with dealers, manufacturers, and sales representatives. They are also responsible for overseeing employees in their department.
Service Manager Job Description Sample
We are looking to hire a personable and organized service manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the general management of employees, customer service, and outside business relations. The right candidate for this position should be positive and hard working. Persons with prior experience in this role are encouraged to apply.
Service Manager Salary
According to Glassdoor, in 2019, the average annual salary for a service manager is about $70,000. An entry-level salary averages roughly $42,000 per year, while a person with longevity in the position can expect an average rate of $120,000 annually. The salary is also dependent on location as well as the size of the organization, as well as tenure with the specific company
Service Manager Required Soft Skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Written and verbal communication.
- Organized and efficient.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Salesmanship skills.
- Computer savvy and proficient using inventory catalogs.
- Ability to manage stressful or high-pressure situations.
- Problem-solving and dispute resolutions skills.
Service Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all workspaces and service in the shop.
- Direct service tasks and monitor the progress of current projects.
- Ensure the highest standard of customer service by offering advice and answering all questions or concerns politely and knowledgeably.
- Manage and update invoices.
- Process new orders.
- Track inventory.
- Monitor employees and provide progress reports frequently to improve efficiency and employee satisfaction.
- Abide by all industry regulations, standards, and laws.
- Train new employees in work processes, company procedures, and safety in the workplace.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on industry standards and processes that have the potential to benefit the company.
Service Manager Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Previous experience in this – or a similar – role is an asset.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesCustomer Service Manager Job Description Sample
Customer Service Manager Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..