Art Director Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
An Art Director is someone who works within a company (normally an agency) to help execute creative assets. These creative assets can be digital as well as off-line. An Art Director will work closely with a Creative Director as well as a Chief Creative Officer to ensure that all client work is being executed to specification as well as to the highest standards.
Table Of Contents
Art Director Job Description Sample
Art Directors play a critical role in the creative output of our company. They help to ensure that all digital assets are being created with the most world-class vision and precision. Art Directors will work closely with the Creative Director and rest of the creative team to produce assets for a multitude of needs. The needs could range from billboard design to UI/UX design to brand design and much more. The ideal Art Director is someone who is multidisciplined and explorative with their creative work.
Art Director Resume Summary
This is how you might describe your position as a Art Director in a resume summary, executive summary or professional summary:
5+ years of client experience working as a graphic designer. Ability to execute under tight deadlines. Comfortable presenting work to clients. Proficient in all Adobe Suite as well as Sketch.
Art Director National Average Salary
National average salary for a Art Director is provided by The U.S. Department of Labor. National averages are a cumulative total average as seen by a non-specific geographic mean average. That means this is the average salary that you might expect to have (regardless of geographic region) when entering into this job function.
National average salary: $44,000 - $100,000
Art Director Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate all creative work with the Creative Director
- Produce graphic design and visual design in a timely fashion and meet clients expectations
- Ensure all creative output has gone through the correct design procedure, including copywriting and legal
- Create presentations showing clients potential design directions
- Manage a list of creative tasks needed for a variety of teams
- Act as an internal consultant to internal projects and initaitives
- Drive customer satisfaction through creative direction and production
Art Director Skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented skills
- Creative skills
- Listening skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Out of the box thinking skills
Art Director Requirements
- 3+ years working as a graphic designer or junior art director
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or Design preferred
- Experience working with all Adobe products and Sketch
- Experience with 3D or 4D animation a plus
- Ability to execute under tight deadlines
- Ability to present arguments for creative work to both the creative team as well as clients
- Flexible with creative direction and ability to design a multitude of styles
- Comfortable with high amounts of collaboration with creative team members
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..