Accountant Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
An Accountant is a professional who handles business finances. They are someone who controls the recording of all cash flow. That includes money coming into the business, money leaving the business, taxes and general administration. An Accountant should be a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA). And have experience managing the finances of a wide variety of business types.
Table Of Contents
Accountant Job Description Sample
We are seeking world-class accountants that can help to perform critical company financial calculations. Soem of the common duties of an accountant are the control and auditing of our balance sheets. Or the reporting and tracking of cash flow, payroll, and billing activities. Candidates who have a fantastic attention to detail and can work under pressure in order to meet deadlines will be given preferred interviewing.
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for a Accountant position in the U.S. was $70,500 annually. There are roughly 1,424,000 Accountant positions available in the U.S. But it is projected to have a 6% increase in open jobs within the 2018-2028 range. That’s roughly a 90,700 increase in available jobs in the next 10 years.
Accountant Job Description For Resume
If you’re looking to describe yourself as a Accountant in your resume, it is slightly different than how job seekers describe the role. Here is an example of what you should put in your resume if you have previous Accountant job experience:
CPA (Certified). 5+ years working as a Junior Accountant. Ability to help with corporate taxes. Aims at finding as many deduction as possible. In love with numbers.
Here are some skills that you can place on either your resume or job description for what you are seeking out of a great Accountant:
Accountant Duties & Responsibilities
Here are some of the duties and responsibilities that Accountants take on when they accept the position. This can be used in your job description or job listing advertisement.
- Produce monthly P&L and balance sheet for the executive members.
- Perform ongoing maintance and analysis of all company financials.
- Uphold company standards when working alongside any external business partners such as compliance or corporate accounting to ensure we are driving world-class accounting techniques.
- Perform all monthly accounting to close balance sheets and reporting.
- Perform quarterly taxes and corporate filings on an ongoing basis.
- Be responsible for all team reporting and P&L generation as needed.
- Perform special projects for executive members on an ongoing basis.
- CPA required.
- 2-4 years in Accounting experience preferred.
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance.
- Deep understanding of all Microsoft Suite products and general ledger/journal entries.
- Strong communication and social skills.
- Understands how to meet business deadlines.
- Self-starter and willing to put in the extra hours to get work accomplished.
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..