Business Development Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
A professional in the Business Development Manager role is responsible for leading partnerships, sales and general business opportunities. Business Development Manager can often be confused with sales. While the two share similar goals, driving business success and revenue. The difference is that Business Development Manager is more about the long-term partnerships that drive bigger milestones in the lifespan of a business.
Table Of Contents
Business Development Manager Job Description Sample
Our team is seeking a highly motivated Business Development Manager professional to help us lead strategic partnerships, sales efforts, and brand awareness. Great Business Development Manager professionals are those who have great social skills and a connected network of executives that they can tap into to begin their partnership journey. Business Development Manager professionals are required to build their own sales and opportunity network and drive business growth.
Business Development Manager Salary
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for a Business Development Manager position in the U.S. was $71,900 annually.
Business Development Manager Job Description For Resume
3+ years in a previous sales position. Led a $5M strategic partnership in 2018. Able to generate a significant amount of new leads very quickly. Able to execute in a silo. Comfortable with frequent and often reporting.
Business Development Manager Skills
- Social skills
- Analytical skills
- Comprehension skills
- Listening skills
- Presentation skills
- Creative-thinking skills
- Self-motivational skills
- Interpersonal skills
Business Development Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Research accounts, identify key executive players and generate interest through sales outreach.
- Engage with prospects through in-person meetings, phone calls, emails, social selling tools and much more.
- Generate frequently qualified leads for our business efforts.
- Meet with executive leadership on an ongoing basis to identify and report on business progress.
- Develop and execute territory plans so that all account executives and other sellers are aware of your activities.
- Gain in-depth knowledge about our products and services as well as external company missions to align opportunities.
- Track all ongoing sales and partnership efforts through Salesforce.
Business Development Manager Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communication, Business.
- 3-5 years sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of developing sales strategies.
- Comfortable with 20% travel time.
- Seek high opportunities and big transactions.
- High energy and enthusiastic about the role.
- Ready to approach every day with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Comfortable with long working hours.
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..