Custodian Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
A Custodian is a professional who helps to ensure that grounds are well kept. Their role is very important to the working environment and a healthy ecosystem. The ability to maintain a working environment is vital. This includes the cleanliness of bathrooms, the cleanliness of lobbies or shared spaces, and much more. A Custodian is someone who respects the grounds they are caring for and ensures maintenance is a top priority.
Table Of Contents
Custodian Job Description Sample
We are seeking a Custodian to help us ensure that we are providing a clean, healthy, friendly and safe environment to our patrons. Custodians are responsible for the grounds. They look after our lobby's, our walkways, our bathrooms and much more. They provide an essential role in helping to ensure our ecosystem of work can be accomplished in an efficient way. Custodians must be comfortable doing some of the "dirty work" in order to keep our grounds clean. They must have a firm respect for this environment and how it is treated.
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for a Custodian position in the U.S. was $12.10/hr.
Custodian Job Description For Resume
High School Diploma. 3+ years as a custodian in a large 20,000 sqft commercial building. Ensured the safety of all of our guests whenever performing maintenance. That includes polishing of floors, sweeping, vacuuming and providing a clean working environment.
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivation skills
- Safety skills
- Social skills
- Customer experience skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Custodial skills
Custodian Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform groundskeeping, general cleaning, floor polishing, bathroom sanitation and help setup for special events.
- Keep track of trash bigs, recyclables and reciptacles to ensure they are cleaned and taken care of.
- Clean and sanitize all appropriate areas including lobby's, phones, fixtures, walls, windows and much more.
- Sweep, mop and vacuum all common areas including bathrooms.
- Replenish all bathroom supplies.
- Keep all building in clean and orderly condition to ensure the safety of our guests.
- Perform any organizational custodian needs, including manage our custodial closet.
- Keep working instruments free and clear of our guests to ensure their safety.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds boxes.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Must have a valid state drivers license.
- Must have incredible attention to detail and safety.
- Must be able to work long hours if requested.
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..