Server Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
A server is a professional who helps to ensure that customers are taken care of at restaurants. A server is sometimes known as a waitress, a restaurant server, banquet server, a food server or a line server. For the most part, these are all the same positions. They are professionals who help handle food, drinks and maintain a world-class customer experience for customers who are dining at a restaurant.
Table Of Contents
Server Job Description Sample
We're searching for world-class servers who can help bring an incredible dining experience to our customers. Great servers are those who are capable of handling large volumes of customers and food orders while maintaining composure and grace. They are on the front-lines in terms of interacting with our customer base. They provide the experience of the restaurant with gratitude. Servers handle food, drink and dining stations while ensuring unhappy customers are taken care of.
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for a Server position in the U.S. was $26,400 annually or $8.70/hr on avareage.
Server Job Description For Resume
5+ years as a server. Capable of handling large volumes of customers. Capable of handling unhappy customers and serving as a customer service agent on the spot. Attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and handle any problem that may come my way during rush hours.
- Social skills
- Organizational skills
- Coordination skills
- Multitasking skills
- Listening skills
- Note-taking skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer service skills
- Verbal communication skills
Server Duties & Responsibilities
- Welcome all guests upon their entrance to the building and restaurant.
- Become fully acquainted with the menu so that you can answer customer questions when they ask.
- Help guests through their entire dining experience, from picking out menu items to ensuring they get their check on time.
- Play a role in helping a guest with their desired food allergy needs or diet restrictions.
- Perform open and closing needs for the restaurant such as placing chairs above tables or taking them down.
- Ensure that all guests receive a pleasant dining experience.
- Assist team members with multiple tables if they are unable to process those tables.
- Coordinate table cleaning and the changing of any silverware.
- Ensure a hygienic environment at all times and comply with state laws on hygiene.
- 1-2 years of serving experience preferred.
- Proven experience serving food or beverages.
- Ability to multitask and play close attention to detail.
- Bi-lingual candidates will be preferred.
- Ability to follow safety protocol and state hygiene laws.
- Ability to focus on the customer and deliver an incredible customer experience.
- Ability to move up to 25 pound boxes if needed.
- Ability to work longer hours when customers are staying late.
- An agent of positivity and energy.
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..