Night Auditor Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
A night auditor is an accounting professional who works between the hours of 11 pm and 7 am. They are responsible for the balancing of accounting. That means the debits, credits, invoices, payments received, and daily balance reconciliation. For the most part, a night auditor can be found in hospitality settings such as hotels. They usually have their own private room but sometimes may be found at the front desk.
Table Of Contents
Night Auditor Job Description Sample
We are seeking highly detail-oriented night auditors who can help us to track all hotel cashier transactions. Your primary job will be to review, organize, and compile all the accounting information. You will be responsible for generating reporting for senior accounting teams. You should be knowledgeable in the understanding of general ledgers. Meaning, you should be able to account for guest billings and city ledger transactions.
Night Auditor Salary
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for a Night Auditor position in the U.S. was $11.14/hr on average.
Night Auditor Job Description For Resume
2+ years in a prior accounting role. Comfortable maintaining $5M+ balance sheets. Familiar with basic mathematical formula's to help with efficiency. Comfortable with all Microsoft Suite products.
Night Auditor Skills
- Listening skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Reporting skills
- Presentation skills
- Customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Self-motivational skills
- Social skills
Night Auditor Duties & Responsibilities
- Must be able to work with and understand basic financial information and reporting.
- Prepare and distribute daily reports to required staff (including executive leadership).
- Audit and reconcile all front desk and food or beverage activities.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and annual data processing functions as asked of you by your accounting team.
- Be able to prioritize job functions and work in a highly efficient way.
- Understand basic reconciliation process for all financial reports.
- Be able to cross-train other employees so that we can stay in the most efficient manner possible.
Night Auditor Requirements
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have valid state drivers license, be able to pass a formal drug test and background check.
- Must be able to maintain high standards and comply with our corporate training.
- Must be effective at listening to our employees and clarifying concerns that they may have.
- Must be able to show initiative and passion for the job even during long hours.
- Must be able to approach all guests in a friendly way and help problem-solve when required.
- Must be able to move boxes up to 15 pounds.
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..