Eagle Scout Letter of Recommendation Sample
An Eagle Scout recommendation letter is a professional letter and business letter authored to suggest a scout become an Eagle Scout to the Eagle Scout Board of Review. Collecting recommendation letters and references is essential to becoming an Eagle Scout.
When a boy scout or Eagle Scout candidate requests a letter of recommendation, they should request one from one or more of the following people:
- A professional acquaintance.
- A pastor or ministry member.
- A previous or current employer (member of leadership preferred).
- A professor or educator.
- A parent or guardian.
- A scoutmaster.
Eagle Scout candidate’s need to obtain six letters of recommendation for the Eagle Scout Board of Review Eagle Application. Five letters if the scout is not currently employed. While the eagle scout’s troop may help to secure the letters of recommendation, as part of the Eagle Scout rank application process, the duties of obtaining all recommendation letters are of the council advancement committee members.
Eagle candidates can refer to the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook for more information on requirements, guides, and other beneficial pieces of information to provide a letter writer.
Writing an Eagle Scout Recommendation Letter
As an eagle scout letter writer, here are some of the points to make within the letter:
- Explain the relationship between the eagle scout and letter writer.
- Explain the reason why the Eagle candidate deserves a positive reference.
- Explain the ways the Eagle Scout candidate lives by the laws and principles of the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
- Explain the levels of growth seen by the candidate over time.
- Include contact information in case an Eagle Board review member needs further clarification on the eagle letter.
It may help reference merit badge awards or the number of merit badge awards the Eagle candidate has obtained in this letter as a letter writer. If this information isn’t readily available before writing, the letter writer should speak with the Eagle candidate to review this information.
Other helpful references could be a significant community project or eagle project that shows excellence on behalf of the candidate outside of scout work. This shows the scout candidate shows Scout Oath and Scout Law outside of the traditional methods and employs the education in their daily lives.
The Eagle Board is seeking candidates that show excellence and exemplary merit in following the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
Eagle Scout Application Details
When a scout candidate is looking to obtain letters of recommendation from various personal and professional references, the following pieces of information should be given to the scout candidate. Certain details should be shared with the letter writer. These details include:
- A copy of the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
- A deadline for when the recommendation letter is due (or application is due).
- An email address or mailing address for where the recommendation letter should be sent.
Eagle Scout Application Process
The eagle process for application (receiving eagle rank) is as follows:
- Dates the individual became a boy scout, varsity scout, venturer/sea scout. Eagle scout project finished date. Scoutmaster (unit leader) conference, applicant, and unit committee chair signatures.
- Obtain signatures of the applicant, unit leader, and unit committee chair or district advancement chair committee person.
- Obtain 5-6 references and reference letters.
- Merit badges, the date obtained, and more.
- Eagle project title and hours.
- Attachments include the service project workbook and state of ambitions (life purpose, a listing of positions, and awards).
- Submit all application requirements and (hopefully) receive a congratulatory letter, eagle scout award, and eagle certificate.
Each of these need to be completed (each is an eagle scout requirement) before the application can be submitted.
Sample Letter of Recommendation for an Eagle Scout
Below is an eagle recommendation sample letter.
Eagle Scout Recommendation Letter Template
Recommendation Letter Templates
More recommendation letter resources.
- Letter of Recommendation for a Teacher
- Letter of Recommendation for a College Student
- Letter of Recommendation for a Coworker
- Letter of Recommendation for a Friend
- Letter of Recommendation for an Eagle Scout
- Letter of Recommendation for Graduate School
- Letter of Recommendation for a Scholarship
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..