Lyft Driver Job Description (+ Free Template)
Lyft drivers transport clients from one destination to another, most commonly from airports to hotels or vice versa. They must also carry out vehicle maintenance checks and interact with clients with professionalism.
Lyft Driver Job Description Sample
We are looking for experienced and safe drivers to join our Lyft team. A successful candidate for this position will be responsible for transporting clients between destinations in a safe and timely manner. You may also be required to lift heavy items such as suitcases in and out of the vehicle and will be required to perform regular vehicle safety and maintenance checks.
Lyft Driver Salary
Lyft drivers can earn up to $2500 per month, or $30,000 per year, but every driver can choose their own hours and salaries vary widely.
Lyft Driver Required Soft Skills
- Outstanding driving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Time management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to use GPS devices or navigation apps.
Lyft Driver Duties & Responsibilities
- Transport clients from one destination to another.
- Conduct vehicle maintenance checks regularly.
- Use navigation apps to determine the optimal route for each client.
- Interact with clients in a friendly and professional manner.
- Pick up and drop off clients in a punctual and reliable fashion.
- Maintain accurate monthly mileage records.
- Ensure vehicle is filled with gas and ready for use during your shift.
Lyft Driver Requirements
- Valid drivers license and a clean record.
- Minimum of 3 years’ driving experience.
- Physical strength to lift up to 70lbs.
Lyft Driver Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..