Project Coordinator Job Description (2021)
Free project coordinator job description. A project coordinator is a professional who works alongside or under a project manager. The project coordinator assists with ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget. A project coordinator is usually assigned administrative tasks and administrative duties. Usually, on behalf of a project manager that can help to retain efficiency for projects.
A project coordinator has various job titles including construction project coordinator.
Project Coordinator Job Description Sample
Our project management team is seeking an experienced project coordinator to join our project team. The project coordinator will be responsible for assisting with administrative duties that improve the over project coordination, project schedule, and efficiency of our team. A successful project coordinator will have experience managing multiple projects, tracking project scope, and general project status.
Project Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and project coordinator responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure each team member on the project management team has all the information required to complete their project or task on a daily basis.
- Use project management tools to track project progress, generate reports, and track project status.
- Assist with scheduling meetings, conference calls, team meetings, and other project management activities.
- Assist with project plans, tracking deadlines, communication with clients, and other client requirements.
- Communicate regularly with upper management regarding project status and completion dates.
- Take on the responsibility of the team and ensure each team member has knowledge of their monthly, weekly, and daily requirements.
- Handle multiple tasks on a daily basis and drive each one from start to finish.
- Gather project requirements when in the research project phase of the initiative.
Depending on the industry, a project coordinator can have varying job duties and responsibilities.
Engeering and construction
- Assist with project coordination.
- Ensure projects meet state, federal, and local city requirements.
- Submit permit documentation.
- Test building materials and soil samples.
- Prepare bid proposals.
- Lower emergency room response times.
- Record digital assets.
- Transfer paper assets into digital assets.
- Ensure the firms' clients are happy.
- Prepare and manage status reports.
- Prepare reports for various cases.
- Track trial dates and other deadlines.
- Coordinate conference calls and meetings.
- Assist with invoice creation, bill pay, and processing payroll.
- Assist with cutting costs and bottom-line reduction.
Technology and IT
- Assist with feature development.
- Assist with engineering and design direction.
- Follow product development protocols.
Project Coordinator Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Previous work experience in a project coordinator position preferred.
- Previous work experience in a job title similar to the project coordinator role preferred.
- General computer skills and ability to use Micosoft Office products like Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work long hours on tight deadlines.
- Exceptional written communication skills, presentation skills, and customer service skills.
Project Coordinator Salary
According to PayScale, a project coordinator earns $48,400 per year, on average. With the lower percentile earning $36,000 per year and the upper percentile earning $67,000 per year.
Project Coordinator Skills
Top candidates in the project coordinator positions should have the following skills:
- Documentation management skills
- Procurement management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Team-management and team-leadership skills
- Finance and accounting skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to sort out details of a project
Project Coordinator Job Boards
An employer posting a job advertisement or job description for an open project coordinator role should use a "niche" job board. And before posting to a national job board. These smaller job boards can attract job seekers who have a greater amount of passion for the industry and for career advancement.
Top IT project coordinator job boards
Top construction project coordinator job boards
Related job descriptions
Download the free project coordinator job description PDF template. And use the sample project coordinator job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..