Accounts Payable Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
Accounts Payable clerks are professionals who are apart of the finance department who handle the payable functions of the balance sheet. This includes invoices that need to be paid on behalf of the company, freelance contractors, expenses and much more. The general payable function means that the business is responsible for paying these debts and the accounts payable clerk manages, processes and records these transactions.
Table Of Contents
Accounts Payable Job Description Sample
We are seeking a detail-oriented accounts payable clerk who can help our accounting firm coordinate our payable functions of the finance department. This role includes a heavy amount of team communication, verbal and written communication skills plus data entry. The general functions of an account payable clerk is to handle the processing of payments and billings on behalf of our business. All accounts payable clerks should follow GAAP accounting principles.
Accounts Payable Salary
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for a Accounts Payable position in the U.S. was $15.70/hr.
Accounts Payable Job Description For Resume
CPA. 3+ years in corporate finance. Handled more than $5M+ in payable functions. Great attention to detail. Worked directly alongside the leadership team.
Accounts Payable Skills
- Accounting skills
- Ledger skills
- Computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic mathematics skills
- Note taking skills
- Organizational skills
- Self-motivation skills
Accounts Payable Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all payments are being made on a regular basis, including quarterly and annual payments.
- Ensure that all invoices are processed correctly and accounted for within the balance sheet.
- Work directly alongside controllers, senior accounting managers and the CFO on regularly scheduled financial needs.
- Present recordings and reports that show expenditures and general processing activity.
- Perform any account reconciliation that's required.
- Prepare and maintain all Accounts Payable spreadsheets, balance sheets and reports.
- Ensure invoices are paid on time.
Accounts Payable Requirements
- CPA required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting.
- ERP experience and Microsoft Excel a plus.
- At least 2 years in an accounting position or accounts payable position.
- Ability to be a highly organized and self-motivated individual.
- Ability to operate Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and reporting.
- Must be comfortable working longer hours when required.
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..