Administrative Assistant Job Description
An administrative assistant is someone who plays a flexible role inside of an office to ensure the success of the working environment. An administrative assistant could be someone who helps executive team members through miscellaneous small tasks that would otherwise distract them from larger, core objectives. Down to administrative assistants helping to ensure that office guests are checked in and existing employees have all their needs met in the working environments.
Table Of Contents
Administrative Assistant Job Description Sample
Administrative assistants are deployed and employed in a wide variety of industries or fields. They are multidisciplinary players within the corporate structure. An administrative assistant has a varying workload. They are someone who can carry out tasks for an individual within a specific department to someone who can lead team needs in order to facilitate overall company success. The tasks performed by an administrative assistant can vary depending on who they are assigned to assist. For example, if they are assisting an executive they may have to carry out personal tasks. Or if they are assisting a team, they may be carrying out communication or correspondence takes that would otherwise slow down that team's delivery times.
Administrative assistants play a very specialized role. They are able to communicate and work closely with all teams within the organization including finance, accounting, marketing, sales, product, and operations. They may have frequent and close contact with executive leadership, as well.
Administrative Assistant Resume Summary
This is how you might describe your position as an administrative assistant in a resume summary, executive summary or professional summary:
Strong interpersonal skills, experienced in a wide variety of functional areas, able to drive success on behalf of the leader who assigned it. Capable of comprehending all department needs and using problem-solving skills in order to meet leaderships expectations.
Administrative Assistant National Average Salary
National average salary for administrative assistants is provided by The U.S. Department of Labor. National averages are a cumulative total average as seen by a non-specific geographic mean average. That means this is the average salary that you might expect to have (regardless of geographic region) when entering into this job function.
National average salary: $12/hr - $21.90/hr
Administrative Assistant Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of the corporate office
- Manage all aspects of the administrative and office operations
- Coordinate pipeline needs with product owners, management and internal staff
- Assess deadlines and client expectations to help ensure success of all teams
- Work closely with senior management on special projects
- Assist in marketing efforts along with market leaders
- Assist in product efforts along with product owners
- Assist in the reporting and staff needs as assigned by senior management
- Carry out research tasks as part an ongoing working environment initiative
Administrative Assistant Skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Deductive skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Listening skills
Administrative Assistant Requirements
- High school diploma or more
- Strong sense of self-direction
- Excellent disposition and work ethic
- Strong mindset within the office
- Strong listening skills to help comprehend new initiatives
- Proficient in Microsoft products: Outlook, Excel, Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of social media a plus
- Strong knowledge of marketing campaigns a plus
- Experience in our industry a plus
Administrative Assistant Resources
Using This Administrative Assistant Job Description Template
In order to use your new administrative assistant job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring ResourcesAdministrative Assistant Cover Letter Sample
Medical Administrative Assistant Job Description
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..